Windows 10: Should i upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional to run 4k

Discus and support Should i upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional to run 4k in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi i have windows 7 Pro and I am thinking of moving from 2 x Full HD 27 inch monitors to 4k or maybe just 2k. System Specs: INTEL CORE i5 2500K 3.3GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Corey, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Corey Win User

Should i upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional to run 4k

Hi i have windows 7 Pro and I am thinking of moving from 2 x Full HD 27 inch monitors to 4k or maybe just 2k.

System Specs:
    INTEL CORE i5 2500K 3.3GHz 6MB
    COOLERMASTER HYPER TX-3 CPU COOLER
    ASRock Z68-EXTREME4 DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD
    XFX CORE EDITION 650W 80PLUS PSU
    G.SKILL 8GB KIT DDR3 RIPJAWS X C9 1600MHZ
    SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F3 3.5" 1TB
    OCZ VERTEX 2 120GB SSD 285/275 R/W/MB

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 650D GAMING CASE

Main uses: remote work from home so excel and word, outlook but also web browsing, youtube . The odd game.

I realise i need a new GPU (any recommendations ) and was thinking of a ASUS Radeon RX 580 DUAL OC 8GB GDDR5 as it has multiple display port such that the 2 monitors could both be display port run instead of 1 HDMI and 1 DP.

I have a activated Windows 7 Pro version and I assume i can upgrade to windows 10 based on system specs and tutorials I have seen here.

#i assume i could run both screens at 2k if it taxes the new GPU and old CPU too much, and then plan to buy a new CPU/mobo

:)

Corey, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 19, 2020
  4. 64K
    64K Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Thema:

1. Should i upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional to run 4k - Similar Threads - Should upgrade Professional

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional: I was sent a link from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. The link worked just fine and now I have to activate Windows 10 and the software is asking for a product key. I do not have a product key. How do I activate Windows 10?...
  6. My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop was upgraded from windows 7 professional to windows 10 professional. I checked...: Mostly what I said in the title. My grandfather gave me his old laptop and I upgraded it for free back when they were doing that promotion. I pulled up the license on my command prompt(image link below) and it's retail. I want to transfer this to a PC I'm going to build and I...
  7. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: I have not upgraded to Windows 10 since when it was first released and I was given the free download option. My computer (Alienware 14) came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I did not do a clean install when I installed Windows 10, and it felt slow and clunky. I hated it. I have...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10

Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10: My computer logs in with a local account and not an online account. While I had windows 7 Professional I would login with my fingerprint. After upgrading to Windows 10, when I scan my finger, I came to know that the system do not logged in with the help of fingerprint,...
  9. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  10. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional: Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for...