Windows 10: Should i upgrade?

Discus and support Should i upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, i've got win7 and a bit old sound card that doesn't have drivers for windows 10 so my question is should i upgrade anyway? Sound will work i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pandapanda, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Should i upgrade?

Hello, i've got win7 and a bit old sound card that doesn't have drivers for windows 10 so my question is should i upgrade anyway? Sound will work i'm 100% sure but perhaps the front audio jack won't work? I've had issues with front audio jack, it seems to only work when the sound driver is installed

:)

pandapanda, Jul 18, 2016
  2. olgun52 Win User

Should I be concerned?

Hello
    JordanSeymour

The site is not secure. Please do the following.

For Chrome:

Delete your cache, history, and other browser data

Clear browsing data - Android - Google Chrome Help

Next >>

Reset Chrome browser settings

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

Step 1:

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your
    desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    • Click on Scan, then Clean.
    • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
    • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
    • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
    Step 2:

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your
    desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
    • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista / 7 / 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select
      "Run as Administrator".
    • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
    • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
    • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
    • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
    Step 3:

Please download
    ZHPcleaner
    to your desktop.

• Double click on ZHPCleaner to run the tool.
    • If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click ZHPCleaner and select
      "Run as Administrator".
    • Please klick
      Should i upgrade? [​IMG]
    • Then press ''Repair'' button.
    • Browsers will automatically shut down.
    • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
    • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
    Step 4:

Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware:

Please download
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    to your desktop.

• Double-click the downloaded setup file and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
    • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
    • Click Finish.
    If the program is already installed:

• Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
    • On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
    • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
    • Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
    • If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
    • A Threat Scan will begin.
    • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
    • In most cases, a restart will be required.
    • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
    • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
    • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
    • Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
    • Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
    • Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply
    Step 5:

Microsoft Safety Scanner install and run.

=======================================

How is the PC running now and any issue ?

Have a nice day.

olgun52, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Should I but a 5800?

Instead of asking peoples opinions on a support forum you should be reading user reviews. By the very nature of this forum you will always find more people with problems than not and the occasional troll that will say anything negative be it true or false.

I know at least three people in the real world that have the 5800 and are delighted with it. Compared to when the N96 was released the software on the 5800 is very stable.

psychomania---01, Jul 18, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Should i upgrade?

Without knowing more about your desktop specs it is difficult to say but it is certainly worth trying. Microsoft has a large number of drivers in its database and it's possible that it will select one that might even work for your sound card.

philc43, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    It would be better judgement if you could provide more info about your desktop . Yeah, it is nice, new design, new functions, etc. I'am using them now. My advice is still back up though while you can return to win 7 .

Molyy, Jul 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    If you have a sound card not a built in sound chip, you can always try. Just backup the drive in case, or use another drive to install 10 on and check it out. If you have a Desktop or a tower that you can slide in one of the 5 1/4" Hotswap bays. That would really be the best way to swap between drives at this point.

10 will run off of a 64gb SSD just fine for testing purposes.

bro67, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Is it an onboard/built-in sound adapter or an Add-in Sound card? The add-in card can usually be changed and probably the built-in sound adapter can be disabled in the BIOS before using an Add-in card.

Berton, Jul 19, 2016
  8. ELI
    Eli Win User

Should i upgrade?

My Opinion if you have 7 just stick with it
    IF you have Windows 8,8.1 then go for it!

9. I disagree, if you have 7, upgrade now. Plus, 10 is so much better than 7, imo I don't like it, I like Vista better than 7. But I do agree with 8.1 to 10, even though I loved 8.1.

XP< 7 < Vista < 8.1 < 10

Computer Chicken, Jul 19, 2016
  10. ELI
    Eli Win User
    My Opinion
    For Classic people=7
    For desktop users who love Win 8 but hate metro Apps and want it between modern and classic=8
    For Tablets=8.1
    For Gamers who have DX12 Support should go for ten and people who like to get on the edge of Windows
    And SSD "Solid state drive" is for Windows 10

11. I want to upgrade to win10 mainly because of the bash shell, im tired of dual booting ubuntu with windows 7, anyways i'll just yolo n see what happens.

pandapanda, Jul 19, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you want to do anything with a GUI with the bash shell, I think you are going to be pretty disappointed with the limited functionality of the Windows 10 bash shell. My personal experience, though, has been that the older and less powerful the computer is that I have upgraded to Windows 10 - the greater the improvement in performance is over the old OS. Several members agree with me.

NavyLCDR, Jul 19, 2016
  13. Should i upgrade?

Glad you are upgrading to Windows 10 @pandapanda! You won't be sorry! I promise, Windows 10 is great! *Biggrin

Computer Chicken, Jul 27, 2016
  14. galaxys Win User
    It's a progressive upgrade and I'm enjoying Windows 10!

galaxys, Jul 27, 2016
  15. I upgraded to win 10 n i'm super happy with it. Haven't tried linux bash shell yet, using cmder for now.

pandapanda, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should i upgrade?

1. Should i upgrade? - Similar Threads - Should upgrade

2. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  3. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, what is the cost and how should I proceed: I would like to upgrade my Dell Laptop - Inspiron 17 5000 series - from Windows 7 to 10, how can this be accomplished? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-what/4a53ce64-8522-40ce-8909-9992b841de07
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?: Hello. I am having some troubles with upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11. The pc health check said that my pc was eligible, so I began installing the update, and it got to the black screen with a percentage that says to keep your computer on. At this point, at a random...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 causes bluescreen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  8. Should i upgrade to windows 11?

Should i upgrade to windows 11?: here are my pc specs and it says it supports italso when i upgrade, will I get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-11/ed9c3467-9432-41fc-a3f4-d192fc5971a7
  9. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...
  10. currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...

currently Windows 10, PC health check says processor problem, should I upgrade to Windows...: Currently Windows 10, Health check says processor not compatible, enough space and speed. When trying to upgrade 365 is provided, should I be upgrading to that or Windows 11?...