Windows 10: Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

Discus and support Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Munir Hamad, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found this:IS-BV02: File Missing or Invalid - Epic Games Store SupportI suppose this is a solution Epic Games itself provides, and i don't really plan on checking other solutions due to safety measures.It says i should use chkdsk c: /r /f, but after investigating i found that chkdsk c: /r /f can delete data and cause harm, so now i'm not sure if I should use it, I have created a restore point just in case.

:)

Munir Hamad, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

CHKDSK /F /R /X

Sorry to top should read:

<CHKDSK G: /F /R /X

Horst

Horst-Dammer, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

1. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f? - Similar Threads - Should chkdsk

2. I ran a chkdsk /r /f /x on my laptop 3 days ago. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I ran a chkdsk /r /f /x on my laptop 3 days ago. What should i do?: I ran a chkdsk /r /f /x in my laptop 3 days ago. It is stuck on 3154 of 80368 since at least 10 hours. There has been countless numbers of files with bad clusters and it is just not stopping. Although I have the backup of most of my data. There is one particular folder which...
  3. I ran a chkdsk /r /f /x on my laptop 3 days ago. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ran a chkdsk /r /f /x on my laptop 3 days ago. What should i do?: I ran a chkdsk /r /f /x in my laptop 3 days ago. It is stuck on 3154 of 80368 since at least 10 hours. There has been countless numbers of files with bad clusters and it is just not stopping. Although I have the backup of most of my data. There is one particular folder which...
  4. What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order?Update: Edited my subject and description to make it neater....
  5. What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?

What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order?Update: Edited my subject and description to make it neater....
  6. What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should...: When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should i have to buy a new hard drive?My system is going into hang many times whenever I turn it on and gives bsod every time it's turned on and restarts after that, it takes too long too...
  8. When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should...

When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should...: When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should i have to buy a new hard drive?My system is going into hang many times whenever I turn it on and gives bsod every time it's turned on and restarts after that, it takes too long too...
  9. When I run chkdsk it says "file record segment 3D924 is corrupt" what does it mean? Should...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?: I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found this:IS-BV02: File Missing or Invalid - Epic Games Store SupportI suppose this is a solution Epic Games itself provides, and i don't...