Windows 10: Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

Discus and support Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Munir Hamad, Sep 22, 2022 at 2:07 PM.

1. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found this:IS-BV02: File Missing or Invalid - Epic Games Store SupportI suppose this is a solution Epic Games itself provides, and i don't really plan on checking other solutions due to safety measures.It says i should use chkdsk c: /r /f, but after investigating i found that chkdsk c: /r /f can delete data and cause harm, so now i'm not sure if I should use it, I have created a restore point just in case.

:)

2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

4. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

CHKDSK /F /R /X

Sorry to top should read:

<CHKDSK G: /F /R /X

Horst

Horst-Dammer, Sep 22, 2022 at 2:09 PM
Thema:

Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

1. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f? - Similar Threads - Should chkdsk

2. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?: I have checked many 24" 1080p which is 93 PPI monitors with Windows 10 desktops. And all of them had in display settings written:100% RecommendedAnd a 15.6" 1080p monitor will have:125% Recommended-------------------So I can assume that a 24" 93 PPI monitor will have 100%...
  3. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?: I have checked many 24" 1080p which is 93 PPI monitors with Windows 10 desktops. And all of them had in display settings written:100% RecommendedAnd a 15.6" 1080p monitor will have:125% Recommended-------------------So I can assume that a 24" 93 PPI monitor will have 100%...
  4. How does Windows know what should be recommended scaling for a monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?: I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found this:IS-BV02: File Missing or Invalid - Epic Games Store SupportI suppose this is a solution Epic Games itself provides, and i don't...
  6. Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I use chkdsk c: /r /f?: I tried installing Fall Guys from the Epic Games launcher, but every time it ends up throwing me the error IS-BV02, upon investigating I found this:IS-BV02: File Missing or Invalid - Epic Games Store SupportI suppose this is a solution Epic Games itself provides, and i don't...
  7. CHKDSK stuck at 22%stage 4 for more than 24 hours. Should I stop the process or let it run?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK stuck at 22%stage 4 for more than 24 hours. Should I stop the process or let it run?: Hello! I need help. My laptop experienced BSOD so I did the sfc /scannow and detected no issues. Then I did the chkdsk for C, it succeeded but when I tried on another internal drive it got stuck. It is already at stage 4 and still 22% running through CMD. It has been like...
  8. CHKDSK stuck at 22%(stage 4) for more than 24 hours. Should I stop the cmd and restart pc...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CHKDSK stuck at 22%(stage 4) for more than 24 hours. Should I stop the cmd and restart pc...: Hello! I need help. My laptop experienced BSOD so I did the sfc /scannow and detected no issues. Then I did the chkdsk for C, it succeeded but when I tried on another internal drive it got stuck. It is already at stage 4 and still 22% running through CMD. Should I close CMD...
  9. sfc or chkdsk - which should be first in order of maintenance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc or chkdsk - which should be first in order of maintenance?: Every week I run standard maintenance procedures. First, I run a chkdsk and then reboot to complete the process. Then, I use sfc /scannow to verify the system files When required, I use DISM to repair. Since the DOS days, chkdsk was the utility for disk and file allocation...
  10. CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?: My HDD is failing and I often get Blue Screen of Deaths. I decided to run chkdsk on reboot with the command chkdsk D: /r. I backed up any important information so they sre in a safe place (I hope I backed up everything). So on reboot chkdsk started, it's currently saying...