Windows 10: Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

Discus and support Should I Wait for Windows 21H1? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all! Word on the street is the new Windows version 21H1 is planned to come out this month. I don't want to install 20H2 only to have to do a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vellaura, May 11, 2021.

1. Vellaura Win User

Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

Hey all! Word on the street is the new Windows version 21H1 is planned to come out this month. I don't want to install 20H2 only to have to do a big update a few days later, don't like installing Windows on top of Windows, always has little issues that trigger me like leaving files behind, resetting settings or reinstalling bloatware among other things. So should I wait or go ahead with 20H2? I'm assuming 21H1 will most likely be riddled with bugs and instability on launch, because it's new right? Thanks Should I Wait for Windows 21H1? :)

:)

Vellaura, May 11, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?

Welcome to Ten Forums.

To go from 1909 to the next version, whether that's 20H2 or 21H1, is a major feature update that will install new system files and save your old system to a Windows.old folder. This can take up to an hour to install, whether you go for 20H1 or wait for 21H2.

The update from 20H1 to 21H2 however will then be a minor feature update, a small enablement package that turns on dormant features and installs in a few minutes, just like a cumulative update. I'd go for 20H2 now, the update to 21H1 will then be quick when it's released - plus it will be optional so you can wait to see if others report problems before deciding to update.

With any major upgrade, it is a wise precaution to make a system image of your current system before you start. Many here use Macrium Reflect Free for that purpose.

3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 11, 2021
  4. Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

Advanced Appearance Settings Dialog Box for Windows 10 - Build 21H1

Final steps:

• Wait to Microsoft to hear your request,
    • or Downgrade to Windows 7 but you have vulnerable to viruses.

jbcarreon123, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

1. Should I Wait for Windows 21H1? - Similar Threads - Should Wait 21H1

2. Should I upgrade to 21H1 via USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I upgrade to 21H1 via USB?: I currently have Windows 10 20H2, ASUS. But I once I upgraded a virtual machine from 1507 to 21H1 via the media creation tool, would it work on a physical machine? ASUS VivoBook Flip 14, Intel Celeron N4020 @ 1.10GHz, 4GB DDR4, 128 GB SSD, Windows 10 Home, use to be S mode...
  3. 21H1 - Now or wait for it, your choice

21H1 - Now or wait for it, your choice: 21H1 has started rolling out & will over the next few weeks. You can wait for it to show up in WU OR you can have it, NOW. To have it without waiting use MCT. Download it, run it hitting Update Now. Cheers, Drew...
  4. Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?: I just bought a Fujitsu Q704 convertible and it is running windows 10 pro 1909. It has the 20H2 version listed in available updates, and I am wondering if I should allow it to do so, or wait for the 21H1 version? It has a i3 processo r and 4gb of ram. It seems to run 1909...
  5. Is it worth it to install 20H2 by now or should I just wait to 21H1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it worth it to install 20H2 by now or should I just wait to 21H1?: I have stayed on 1909 since it was released. I upgraded to 20H2 a while back and noticed some slowdowns afterwards so I rolled back to 1909. I was thinking about going to 20H2 again until 21H1 is released. What is your opinion? What should I do? My specs: CPU: i7 9750H...
  6. How long should chdsk be waited for?

How long should chdsk be waited for?: I ran chkdsk /r C: because of some issues and it's been stuck for numerous hours at 100% done. I'm just wondering at what point should I just pull the plug and see if anything is fixed/more broken submitted by /u/Grakchawwaa [link] [comments]...
  7. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?: I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash - STOPCODE: system thread exception not handled. I went to safe mode and uninstalled and updated to the latest Intel Video driver....
  8. Should i wait???

Should i wait???: Version 2004 update. Should i postpone the update after heard so many bugs and issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-wait/aa4bda1d-04d4-43e3-ab55-d5daa2b1f8d5
  9. Should I update my pc or wait?

Should I update my pc or wait?: I am still running the Mid-February update KB4532693 for windows 10 1909, after I had problems with KB4535996 and rollled back. I haven't updated since, and was wondering if I should keep updates paused or update today? I am new to the windows 10 operating system and I just...
  10. Should i get 10 in january or wait for 11 ?

Should i get 10 in january or wait for 11 ?: i have a laptop that came default with windows 7 and i want to get windows 10 in january but windows 11 releases in july.i have no clue what to choose submitted by /u/adahamisnotinjail [link] [comments]...