Windows 10: Should Know This But Would Kindly Ask For Guidance Re: Accounts

Discus and support Should Know This But Would Kindly Ask For Guidance Re: Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; New computer will be arriving shortly. This is what I want to do. Open to all suggestions. At first boot I want to create a login account which if I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by phaedruspress, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Should Know This But Would Kindly Ask For Guidance Re: Accounts

New computer will be arriving shortly. This is what I want to do. Open to all suggestions. At first boot I want to create a login account which if I am not mistaken is different from a Local or Standard Account and an Administrative account.

I will be hitting the power button NOT CONNECTED to the Internet.

So I want to log into the computer with login account called "abc" with password "def". I know I need to enter "skip" a lot of steps to do this.

I then want to create a local/ standard account and an admin account.

Let's say I want my local account which I will be using for 95% of the time to be:

L: local@gmail.com

And my admin account to be:

L: admin@gmail.com

And lets say further that I have already created these gmail accounts and I have been able to log in to those gmail accounts.

So now what do I do. I connect to the Internet. I go to Control Panel and User Accounts. I am hoping that there are no accounts there but something tells me that that first login account that I created "login account called "abc" with password "def" is going to be there. Is that right? And if so does the computer think that that simple login account is my admin account?

So just to be clear I want to log in to my computer with the "login account called "abc" with password "def"and then set up a local/ standard account called L: local@gmail.com and an admin acct called L: admin@gmail.com.

How would I do this and is my thinking ass backwards : )

P.S. I know that I can not use admin in and admin account.

:)

phaedruspress, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 29, 2018
  3. 'Hidden Administrator' account asking for password.

We would like to clarify how did you enable the Hidden Administrator account. We suggest using the
    Local Security Policy to enable to hidden administrator in Windows 10. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    • Type secpol.msc, and click on OK.
    • In the left pane, click on the Local Policies folder to expand it, and click on the
      Security Options folder.
    • In the right pane of Security Options, double click on
      Accounts: Administrator account status.
    • Select Enabled, and click on OK.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Should Know This But Would Kindly Ask For Guidance Re: Accounts

Laptop asking to verify the account

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Method 2:

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back to Microsoft account and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

Please refer to the following steps:

From Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now you can see Sign in with a Local account instead click on it.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions by entering the password.
    Local account to Microsoft account:

• Now login with Local account.
    • Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now you can see Sign in with a Microsoft account instead click on it.
    • On next pop up enter your Microsoft account ID and password and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Should Know This But Would Kindly Ask For Guidance Re: Accounts

1. Should Know This But Would Kindly Ask For Guidance Re: Accounts - Similar Threads - Should Kindly Ask

2. I reset my windows 11 then it ask for my work account but I dont have it would should I do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my windows 11 then it ask for my work account but I dont have it would should I do: I reset my windows 11 then it ask for my work account but I dont have it would should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reset-my-windows-11-then-it-ask-for-my-work/8907259f-0f2d-411e-8fab-9c893a06a47c
  3. I dont know how should I play these kind of CDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know how should I play these kind of CDs: So, i have a Video CD that i bought from an organization. this disk is supposed to be used as a player, not for modifying or deleting files, just for reading. so, When i inserted and opened the CD to my external DVDRW Player, i got these files which is not expected, i...
  4. I dont know how should I play these kind of CDs

I dont know how should I play these kind of CDs: So, i have a Video CD that i bought from an organization. this disk is supposed to be used as a player, not for modifying or deleting files, just for reading. so, When i inserted and opened the CD to my external DVDRW Player, i got these files which is not expected, i...
  5. would like to know if it is normal !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would like to know if it is normal !!!!: Hello,I always have the sstp windows service running and 7 wan miniports underneath my intel i219-v connection in device manager.I don't know if it is normal but i would like to know it.Kind regards,Arno,...
  6. would like to know if it is normal !!!!

would like to know if it is normal !!!!: Hello,I always have the sstp windows service running and 7 wan miniports underneath my intel i219-v connection in device manager.I don't know if it is normal but i would like to know it.Kind regards,Arno,...
  7. Guidance re: opening laptop to remove and clean the cooling fan

in Windows 10 Support
    Guidance re: opening laptop to remove and clean the cooling fan: Hi Earlier thread helped a lot, with great suggestions and a link to a good video. All along I had been thinking this was a Microsoft-induced issue. (My original post is here but not required to see it for this new question: Older HP Win 10 laptop running hot, what processes...
  8. dont know what kind of ram to get so many different kinds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dont know what kind of ram to get so many different kinds: my uncle just helped me to order parts for a new computer and the ram is back ordered so i cancelled it and now i cant get ahold of my uncle i have the mother board the cpu the case the power supply just dont know what ram to get for this board the board i have is AsRock...
  9. i would like to know if i could ask questions about games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i would like to know if i could ask questions about games: hello i would like to know if i could ask questions about games.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games/b711c7fd-7c2b-40d6-a4d3-b19b3668ca86
  10. Need guidance

Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...