Windows 10: Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No

Discus and support Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is very likely to bring back the Start Menu in the next full Windows version, most likely to be called Windows 9, but it turns out that users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 20, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No

More

:)

labeeman, Jan 20, 2014
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Bring back the classic start menu!

I did a detail-by-detail comparison of the Windows 7 Start menu and the Windows 10 Start menu and found them virtually identical in
    functionality - by that I mean they do virtually all the same tasks. They just look different.

Almost all of the functionality that Windows 10 appears to be missing can be added back. For example, you can pin Control Panel and Help and Support to Start as tiles. You can add folders to All apps.

There are few clear differences. Favorites is not there because Microsoft has dropped that feature and replaced it by Quick Access. There's no longer a link in the Start menu for This PC but that was redundant anyway, since File Explorer gets you to the
    same place.

In my case, I don't like the way the new Start menu looks and I don't like that I have to make changes to make it work like the Windows 7 Start menu. So I gave Stardock five bucks for Start10 and I'm very happy.

The Windows 10 Start menu is not going away and it's never going to look like Windows 7. So get over it. Either learn to like it or get a Start menu replacement and move on.

BulldogXX, Jan 20, 2014
  3. Bring back the classic start menu!

searching for apps we've installed is a pointless task we need to see them no search

CocteauTwins, Jan 20, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

Classic Shell does a nice job for me, so as long as it is available for Windows 9, it won't matter to me if MS doesn't bring back the start menu.

LittleJay, Jan 20, 2014
Thema:

1. Should Microsoft Bring Back the Start Menu in Windows 9? Many Say No - Similar Threads - Should Microsoft Bring

2. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  3. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  4. How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu: Dear all,I understand that the latest major Windows 10 update removed the Bing web search from the Start Menu. Is there any way to bring it back?I'm aware there has been a lot of complaints about this feature and that's most likely why Microsoft removed it, but personally, I...
  5. can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default: hi everyone. newly installed windows 10 system, only shows classic Start Menu in default, and with a Start Screen button at the top left as shown in picture. when I click the button, it goes to start screen, the one with tiles. but next when press Win key or click windows...
  6. Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?: When I right-click something in the start menu, it brings up this really useless menu that seems to have the whole "metro design" style. but it really lacks any sort of useful options (see here) When I right-click something on the desktop, it brings up the full, useful...
  7. Windows 9 Start Menu Concept

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 9 Start Menu Concept: So from what it sounds like, Windows 9 is going to mark the return of the Start menu. So tonight, I've been trying to imagine what a Start menu in Windows 9 might perhaps look like. Here's the concept I came up with: [img] What do you guys think? 1520
  8. How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu: See tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html ​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run" Type "regedit" Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it...
  9. Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Make the Windows 9 Start Menu Highly Customizable: The Windows Start menu remains an important subject for the Redmond-based tech giant, with many users calling for the company to bring it back in the modern operating system as soon as possible. Terry Myerson, head of the operating system [img] division at Microsoft,...
  10. Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft “Locks” the Start Menu in Windows 9 Preview...: Microsoft is set to unveil the preview version of Windows 9 later this month, and everyone expects to be allowed to try out some new features, including the Start menu and a desktop flavor of Cortana. According to new reports coming from Russian sources, Microsoft...