Windows 10: Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire

Discus and support Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire .would greatly increase interest and sales... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brent johnson1, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire

Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire .would greatly increase interest and sales

:)

brent johnson1, Feb 2, 2023
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Feb 2, 2023
  3. User folder renamed with .000?

Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin account.

'Doug' was the name of his usual account folder...currently that 'Doug' folder now only has an 'AppData' folder in it, nothing else. Everything else (Photos, Documents, etc, etc) has been copied to the 'Doug.000' folder. He also says that when he gets to the logon screen, instead of just his 'Doug' user as there always was, there are THREE users listed now: Two called 'Doug' and one called something else (he never told me what the third was called, I've been in contact with him only through email).

I saw Shawn Brink's tutorial and (this one: Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10) it suggested restarting the machine 4-5 times to see if that makes a difference...I'd passed this along to him and when he restarted it 4-5 times, it made no difference; the 'Doug.000' folder is still there. I asked him if he ever got a message saying his system was logged into a temporary profile and he doesn't remember.

With COVID and lockdowns here, I can't look at his PC in person, but may be able to remote into it to work on it for him.

Any suggestions on how to sort it out? He's somewhat computer-literate, but very much in a 'screws with things he doesn't completely understand' way because he has a very short anger fuse and I'm scared if he tried that tutorial, he'd make things worse. Brink's tutorial doesn't reference anything about a '.000' user folder, so I am not even sure if that tutorial is the one I should be following?

Suggestions or help would be appreciated! Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire :)

Darkstrike, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Ztruker Win User

Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire

User folder renamed with .000?

If you point Doug.000 to Doug you lose all the folders and files from the Doug.000 profile, which sounds like it is your original profile.
    BACKUP, point Doug to Doug.000. Reboot and make sure all is well.

Doug should now point to the files and folders that were under Doug.000, basically giving you the original profile setup.
    If all is well, delete Doug.000 but DO NOT DELETE files.

Ztruker, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire

1. Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire - Similar Threads - Should Microsoft offer

2. Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire: Should Microsoft offer 2.000.000$ for top place in classic solitaire .would greatly increase interest and sales https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-microsoft-offer-2000000-for-top-place-in/b69eea95-6b6d-4bcf-97fd-d865c8b44a98
  3. Should Microsoft offer 2.000000$ for top plain classic solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should Microsoft offer 2.000000$ for top plain classic solitaire: Should Microsoft offer 2.000000$ for top plain classic solitaire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-microsoft-offer-2000000-for-top-plain/b69eea95-6b6d-4bcf-97fd-d865c8b44a98
  4. Should Microsoft offer 2.000000$ for top plain classic solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should Microsoft offer 2.000000$ for top plain classic solitaire: Should Microsoft offer 2.000000$ for top plain classic solitaire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-microsoft-offer-2000000-for-top-plain/b69eea95-6b6d-4bcf-97fd-d865c8b44a98
  5. username.000 issue - deleting a profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    username.000 issue - deleting a profile: I would like to know how to safely delete my old profile,after experiencing the username.000 problem. Apologies, if I am using account/profile/folder expressions,incorrectly here. Anyway, originally, the username Paul was my only account folder. One day, I found that...
  6. Microsoft Classic Solitaire Klondike

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Classic Solitaire Klondike: How many levels are there to Microsoft's Classic Solitaire Klondike? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-classic-solitaire-klondike/b1ba86cf-e379-4d68-94cf-e19ae345d9b9
  7. Folder found.000 unable to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder found.000 unable to delete: Hi MVPs, I am having an issue with deleting found.000 folder. OS is windows 10 pro. There is an invincible .chk file in there cannot be seen anywhere in file explorer In command prompt however, using command dir /a:hd F:\found.000, the file can be seen Tried multiple...
  8. User folder renamed with .000?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folder renamed with .000?: Hi all - having an issue with a friend's (named Doug) Win10 HP laptop. He had a Windows 10 upgrade go through awhile back and since then he has two user folders - 'Doug' and 'Doug.000'. For the record, his machine only ever had one user account called Doug, which was an admin...
  9. New user created username.000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New user created username.000: I recently updated to Windows 10 from 7 in January 2020. A new user was created at some point via the update or subsequent updates. My original user name was Mark, now there is a Mark.000, which also happens to contain all my files now. The original Mark user now only...
  10. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...