Windows 10: Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

Discus and support Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have seen several threads here complaining about this Code: powercfg /requests [PROCESS]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MisterEd, Mar 12, 2021.

1. MisterEd Win User

Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

I have seen several threads here complaining about this
    Code:
    I don't take that as something to get rid of but a warning that there is a problem with Windows updates

I just got that and then went into Windows Update

Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored? [​IMG]

All seemed OK but based on past experience I knew there was something wrong with Windows Updates
    I then restarted the Windows Update service

I then retried Windows Update again

That showed there actually was a problem with Windows Update.

If we configured Windows so that MoUsoCoreWorker.exe no longer prevented sleep how are we to know when there is a problem with Windows Update?

In other words shouldn't we take this more seriously and listen to what Windows is telling us instead of trying to hide it?

:)

MisterEd, Mar 12, 2021
  2. MisterEd Win User

PC Stopped Automatically Sleeping

After I had a failed update that prevented sleep I was also seeing MoUsoCoreWorker when I ran powercfg. Retarting the Windows Update service was the only thing I found that fixed things.

MisterEd, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

There have been several reports of this in several TenForums threads. It does not only affect Version 1909.

Run this command. It will list those items that tell Windows to stay awake no matter what.
    Code:
    If the response identifies MoUsoCoreWorker then it means that this update-related component is inhibiting sleep. Like many of us, you could inhibit it. Try mngerhold's solution in post #9 of another thread

It worked for me.

Denis

4. dumfy Win User

Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

I've been using the Windows Update MiniTool as mentioned in Post #2 above and used it to hide KB4601380. So far, so good.

As an aside, when the Sleep issue I had was active, I ran powercfg -requests and there was nothing displayed or listed at all, so I had no indication of what the culprit may be. Not even MoUsoCoreWorker was listed.

Each system is no doubt different I guess. There is obviously something wrong with KB4601380 to be causing so many issues.

dumfy, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored? - Similar Threads - Should MoUsoCoreWorker exe

2. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  3. Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer Settings Are Being Ignored: I am having trouble with my Lenovo Yoga 7i 16" running Windows 11 falling asleep extremely quickly. I primarily use my laptop for schoolwork where I am constantly shifting focus from the computer to books or paper, and it's reallllllllly annoying that every time I look down I...
  4. Windows 11 sleep settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sleep settings ignored: No matter what power settings I select and/or change my Windows 11 monitor screen "sleeps" after about 10 minutes. I've experimented with many settings and they are all ignored. It is annoying to have to enter my password to restart the monitor so often. Can somebody please...
  5. Should I ignore this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I ignore this update: A checkout of Updates in Settings lists 20 plus failed attempts. Should I just ignore it? Or? The code is 0x80070002. I have read the associated info, it does not mean much to me. But there is this "Note This update is currently not needed on devices that are administered...
  6. Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should MoUsoCoreWorker.exe preventing sleep be ignored?: I have seen several threads here complaining about this Code: powercfg /requests [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe USO Worker I don't take that as something to get rid of but a warning that there is a problem with Windows updates I just...
  7. mousocoreworker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    mousocoreworker: mousocoreworker.exe stop computer from entering sleep mode. Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mousocoreworker/79ccd3da-4748-4dba-9dbe-bf2fa9590d0c
  8. Windows 10 ignoring backup program request to prevent sleep

Windows 10 ignoring backup program request to prevent sleep: I noticed that Windows 10 1903 is ignoring requests from backup applications to stay awake. Macrium support confirmed that Reflect issues API calls to keep the system awake. I can see this using powercfg /requests C:\Program Files x86\Wincouple None. s SYSTEM:...
  9. Sleep and power settings ignored

Sleep and power settings ignored: Hi, I am having problems with power settings. I followed following instructions from the forum: 1. Do nothing when closing lid when plugged in 2. Turn off Uncheck fast startup 3. Turn off Hybrid sleep for both on battery and plugged in 4.Checked screensaver and put some...
  10. Sleep and Hibernate Ignored

Sleep and Hibernate Ignored: Starting about a week ago my Win 10 system doesn't sleep or hibernate as I request. Although it appears to be OK when I click on "Sleep" or "Hibernate" when I leave the office, when I return a few hours later it only resumes with a restart. In the past they both worked fine,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot