Windows 10: Should MS account and Community login have different passwords?

Discus and support Should MS account and Community login have different passwords? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Also, is it possible to delete a Community logon and profile, removing all traces?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Grandpa Jim, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Should MS account and Community login have different passwords?

Also, is it possible to delete a Community logon and profile, removing all traces?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Nov 10, 2018

2. MS online account logins VERSUS W10 computer login passwords

I am configuring a new computer. I would like to use a shorter, 7 char computer login password, but it seems that MS in W10 requires the same password for the MS online accounts, like this community and other centralized capabilities, as the login password
    for my computer. The MS online accounts must be at least 8 characters.

Why can't I establish a completely different password for my computer and the online accounts ?

Please let me know if there is a way around this apparent rule.

If it really is a rule that the computer password must match the MS online account passwords, then

I would suggest this is a counterproductive restriction in a world where password management is already burdensome.

NealScribner, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Should MS account and Community login have different passwords?

Change Password to MS Account associated with my Login ID

Thank you for the response. However, it did not necessarily answer my question.

My PC is on a domain but I don't use my Microsoft Account to sign-in to it. The MS account is associated with my domain login. After digging around a little, I see that under Accounts there is a section listing other accounts, in which the MS account is
    listed. There are two buttons next to it, Manage and Remove.

clicking the Manage it takes me to the online MS account where I can change the password using the method provided in the link you sent earlier. I founmd this after I changed the password online using the browser. I did not try to change the password using
    the Accounts/Other Accounts in Windows10. Does this method sync the password automatically?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan_w3explorer, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Should MS account and Community login have different passwords?

1. Should MS account and Community login have different passwords? - Similar Threads - Should account Community

2. Don't have password for administrator account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have password for administrator account login: I have accidentally logged in as administrator in windows 10 using gmail account that does not exist and even can't exit. Now to login that account I don't have its password. Even to create new admin account or to make any settings it is asking me to login using administrator...
  3. Don't have password for administrator account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have password for administrator account login: I have accidentally logged in as administrator in windows 10 using gmail account that does not exist and even can't exit. Now to login that account I don't have its password. Even to create new admin account or to make any settings it is asking me to login using administrator...
  4. Don't have password for administrator account login

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bootup Login - no password box, but MS Account popup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bootup Login - no password box, but MS Account popup: Hi, I have just rebuild my laptop and all went well, except when I bootup now instead of seeing my name and a password box I see my name and below that the text 'Sign In'. When I click on 'Sign In' I get a Microsoft Account password popup request. How do I change this...
  6. Can you set windows to have a different login password at different times of the day?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you set windows to have a different login password at different times of the day?: Can windows be set to require one password for a specific time frame like 6am-10pm, and a different password from 10pm-6am? submitted by /u/frightened_octopus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0hqj1/can_you_set_windows_to_have_a_different_login/
  7. MS community

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS community: how do I use this feature I posted a question but no answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-community/ce5aa94d-c52f-4afd-a582-a4a9a9341fcc
  8. Ms account login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms account login problem: Can not login to mircosoft account because win 10 wants my password for my local account. All I have is my pin number. 137346
  9. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps: (I'm writing this post using alternative account) Hello, yesterday I bought new laptop with installed, but not activated W10. When I first fired it up I went straight to account settings to switch from local account to MS one. When I entered my email and then pass and...
  10. Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution: Hi, I'm using the Microsoft credentials to log into my PC, and few weeks ago I wanted to change the password that I log into Windows with, so I went to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicked the Change button under Change your account password. This popped up a...