Windows 10: Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so?

Discus and support Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I use a personal windows device, this always happens. This time I've had my pc for about 7 months, probably less than 1000 hours of use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stinkyspaghetti1357, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so?

Every time I use a personal windows device, this always happens. This time I've had my pc for about 7 months, probably less than 1000 hours of use, today my wireless adapter randomly stopped working and when I tried to fix it, it started blue screening for 20 minutes, now it won't connect to the internet at all without doing it again. Thankfully I only use it for gaming, so I can just back up my save files to an external drive and I'm good to go do a fresh install, but it's still annoying. I literally only game on this thing, barely even browse the internet enough to accidentally get a virus somewhere. This happens to me fairly often, is this normal?

submitted by /u/stinkyspaghetti1357
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stinkyspaghetti1357, Dec 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 2, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so?

1. Should my use of windows require me to do a fresh install every year or so? - Similar Threads - Should require fresh

2. My windows is getting corrupted after every fresh installation of window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows is getting corrupted after every fresh installation of window: My window is getting corpted after some days of fresh intsllation . this is happening with me since one month , whenever i freshly install windoows it work fine for 1 or 2 days then it gets courpted again i cant understand the problem...
  3. My windows is getting corrupted after every fresh installation of window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows is getting corrupted after every fresh installation of window: My window is getting corpted after some days of fresh intsllation . this is happening with me since one month , whenever i freshly install windoows it work fine for 1 or 2 days then it gets courpted again i cant understand the problem...
  4. My windows is getting corrupted after every fresh installation of window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC won't let me do a fresh install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't let me do a fresh install of Windows 11: Hi allI have uppgrade my pc from windows 10 to 11 some time a, and it's now time for a fresh install. but every time i go to try and do tha with a windows 11 installer i get told that my system does not meet the requirements. But from all my reading a testing i belive that my...
  6. My PC won't let me do a fresh install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't let me do a fresh install of Windows 11: Hi allI have uppgrade my pc from windows 10 to 11 some time a, and it's now time for a fresh install. but every time i go to try and do tha with a windows 11 installer i get told that my system does not meet the requirements. But from all my reading a testing i belive that my...
  7. Windows 10 won't install on my new pc so what should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't install on my new pc so what should I do?: So just yesterday, I built my first ever custom pc and upon trying to install windows 10 with a USB flash drive, it just doesn't work at all. It only went to the Windows Boot Manager or now it goes to a blue screen saying "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart....
  8. BSOD amdppm stopping me doing a fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD amdppm stopping me doing a fresh install: Was getting BSOD about 1 or 2 minutes after booting up, tried a system restore which didnt solve the problem but added more problems with provisions for some programs and now cant use start menu amongst others things only right click works, having problems opening any MS...
  9. Required sign-in to Windows every two years

Required sign-in to Windows every two years: Hi, I keep reading articles about Windows online and, I'm getting confused because not every thing posted on the Internet is accurate. I read an article the other day that said that in August, Microsoft was going to effectively deactivate accounts where people hadn't logged...
  10. Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?

Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?: My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and it is now activated with digital license. I haven't signed with Microsoft account on it. When I started with my pc, I gave it a..you know whatever..user name. Though I can change the user name...