Windows 10: Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private?

Discus and support Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private? My understanding is this connection / network should never be set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Richard3295, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private?

Hi. Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private? My understanding is this connection / network should never be set to private because it should always be an set an untrusted network. Thanks.

:)

Richard3295, Sep 22, 2019

2. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 22, 2019
  3. private connection

Hi,

You can customize your Network connection to either Public or Private network. To set your network connection to Private, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, and then select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, select internet connection you are using (ex: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.).
    • Click the network name that you are currently connected to.
    • Under Network window, enable Make this PC discoverable button.

Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private? 01ac483c-a3a0-4fbe-8a73-e02e8fe69afa.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to use.

Monica Cam, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private?

local area connection 2 suddenly appearing

Hi,

The computer might think that there is an Ethernet cable connected to it. If there is no cable connected, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the driver from the device manager.

If it's the same issue, kindly run the Network Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Internet Connections.
    • A window will pop up, click Next to proceed with the troubleshooting.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private?

1. Should the Local Area Connection (to the internet) ever be set to private? - Similar Threads - Should Local Area

2. Local Area Connection Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Area Connection Missing: Under Windows 10, the Local Area Connection Ethernet has disappeared from the network connections list. When trying to troubleshoot the problem, the message that is delivered is "An Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken Not fixed". The same connection...
  3. Local Area Connection trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Area Connection trouble: I have a Local Area Network made up of 4 desktop computers connected via and Ethernet router, as well as two tablets, 1 Fire Cube, and 2 Firesticks all of which use WiFi which is built into the modem supplied by my ISP.When I click on the Network icon I get a list on one...
  4. Unknown Local Area Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Local Area Connection: I have an unknown local area connection showing up in my WiFi list, which shows as connected, although I'm not connected via ethernet to any source. I'm using a laptop, and this is also preventing me from connecting automatically joining any WiFi sources. It appeared a while...
  5. Cannot connect to internet- problem with the driver for Local Area Connection adapter.

Cannot connect to internet- problem with the driver for Local Area Connection adapter.: I recently lost power due to a storm, resulting in me losing the internet. Once my power and internet were restored, I was unable to connect to the internet. After troubleshooting the problem my laptop is saying there may be an issue with the driver for Local Area Connection...
  6. Local Area Connection is Missing

Local Area Connection is Missing: I got an Ethernet cable and connected it to the router and computer, but I found out that it wasn't working. The computer doesn't even show that it's connected to the Ethernet. I tried restarting my computer, restarting the router, changing the ports but none has worked. Then...
  7. local area connection

local area connection: i could i get some help on getting back my local area connection with microsoft so i was working on a project for school that required pinging via ethernet cable and i wanted to change my ip address but accidently deleted my local area connection. now i can not turn on my...
  8. Local Area Connection

Local Area Connection: how to avoid "Local Area Connection doesn't have valid ID configuration" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-area-connection/0cad5f67-865e-4839-8ce8-b96e323a5ec5
  9. Local Area Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Area Connection: hiiii I Am Using Laptop OS is Windows 10 64 Bit. i am still Facing This Problem My Laptop LAN Card Not Connected After Windows Start . I Have Checked Cable & Rj 45 connector Both Side. So Pl z give this Problem Solution Regard Mohit B...
  10. not getting local area connecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not getting local area connecting: not getting local area connecting in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/not-getting-local-area-connecting/098820fc-36ca-40b1-9372-321cb398ac6c