Windows 10: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Discus and support Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A123, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:32 PM.

1. A123 Win User

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903?

:)

2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

4. twilyth Win User

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Mystery Service

If it were really malicious, wouldn't it hide itself from the service manager? It's sort of advertising itself by being listed there.

Try whatsrunning. It is supposed to be able to spot even hidden processes (although maybe not rootkit stuff) and will give you all information that is available in the far right window when the process/module/service is highlighted.

good luck. *Smile Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... :)

Thema:

1. Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Should service Process

2. Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build...: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903? ***Modified Title from: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903***...
  3. Windows Processes: Service Host

Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...
  4. Windows Activation - Terrible Service.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation - Terrible Service.: G'day i recently built a new system and i'm having trouble activating my windows. I have been trying to talk to a human about the issue but you have simply removed that option from your support website so I use the useless robot that tells me I can talk to a human then...
  5. Windows Services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Services: I am unable to modify the windows update and time services. Previously it was possible, but suddenly the options in following dialog box disabled. How to make as it was?[ATTACH]...
  6. windows service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows service: Hi what is the steps to set permission for windows service regards 125832
  7. windows service

in Windows 10 Support
    windows service: Hi, I had created windows service, how i can let this service to be permanent so no one can delete or kill it? appreciate your support 125710
  8. Host Process for Windows Services UTCCaptureV1

Host Process for Windows Services UTCCaptureV1: Source Host Process for Windows Services Summary Diagnostic Tracing Date ‎1/‎14/‎2019 5:42 AM Status Not reported Description A functional problem was detected and logs were collected for further investigation. Problem signature Problem Event Name: UTCCaptureV1 Problem...
  9. windows process activation services

windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...
  10. Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Shows Why You Should Love Windows as a Service: With Windows 10, Microsoft is changing the traditional Windows model and goes towards Windows as a Service, which is a new concept that would bring users updates at a faster pace, when they are ready. In a slide presented by Microsoft and spotted by DigitalTrends,...