Windows 10: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Discus and support Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A123, Jun 12, 2019.

1. A123 Win User

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903?

:)

2. kambei.7s Win User

Windows 10 Update Orchestrator Service

found similar error in the 'System' log, during the restart after installing the update, is this normal for windows 10? Does everyone faced such thing? The update seems to have settled, in the status I've see 'Success', there seem to be no other errors.

The "Update Orchestrator Service" service is turned off due to an error
    The return from the operation was due to the timeout.

code 7023 source of Service Control Manager

EventData

param1 Update Orchestrator Service
    param2 %% 2147549471
    550073006F005300760063000000

Keywords 0x8080000000000000

after 20 seconds
    The C: \ Windows \ system32 \ MusNotificationUX.exe process initiated the "Restart" action for the DESKTOP computer on behalf of the user due to: Operating system: Service pack installation Scheduled

The update was installed
    KB4103727 OS Build 16299.431

Thanks.

kambei.7s, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Jun 12, 2019
  4. twilyth Win User

Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10...

Mystery Service

If it were really malicious, wouldn't it hide itself from the service manager? It's sort of advertising itself by being listed there.

Try whatsrunning. It is supposed to be able to spot even hidden processes (although maybe not rootkit stuff) and will give you all information that is available in the far right window when the process/module/service is highlighted.

good luck. *Smile Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... :)

twilyth, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Should service Process

2. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  3. "host process for windows services"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "host process for windows services": I recently just bought minecraft for my girlfriend but when she tries to download it she gets a message that says "host process for windows services" and it has two options: yes or no. However when she clicks yes nothing happens. Is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly...
  4. Security Center Service is not showing in Services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Center Service is not showing in Services: Window security center service can't be started. I have tried all the solutions with registry editor and SFC but nothing resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-center-service-is-not-showing-in-services/8c87bcbd-5890-4fcd-820a-4a26da06419a
  5. Host Process for Windows services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host Process for Windows services: It's really very annoying for me since I Host process for windows is using too much of my data since I limited data so it is causing trouble for me daily it uses at least 500 MB of data daily and also slows my Internet speed daily even if I only use my pc on metered...
  6. Process/Service Activity Analysis

in Windows 10 Support
    Process/Service Activity Analysis: Hello everyone. I recently had a Windows 10 2004 BSOD due to a Clock_Watchdog_Time, which i'm looking into, but i noticed something when it booted back up that piqued my curiosity. For some reason, Windows Update and Microsoft Software Protection Platform were running for...
  7. Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service Not Showing in Services: I am unable to hear any audio through my laptop speakers. When I troubleshoot the problem it says audio services not responding. I am also unable to see Windows Audio in services. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build...

Windows Process Activation Service is not showing up in Services, Windows 10 1903 build...: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903? ***Modified Title from: Should the service Windows Process Activation Service not show in Services in Windows 10 Pro 1903***...
  9. Windows Processes: Service Host

Windows Processes: Service Host: Hello, I have noticed suspicious activity on my computer and I was wanting to know if there was a Service Host that allows people from the Microsoft Corporation to sign in to peoples computers. If this is so, may I ask what the Service Host is? Thanks!...
  10. windows process activation services

windows process activation services: hi I just want know what is windows process activation services in windows 10 in turn windows features on and off and should I turn it on or leave it off I dont know what it is used for or what it dose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows process activation service windows 10

2. does windows process activation service need to be turned on in windows 10

3. should windows process activation service be turned on

4. why was windows process activation service turned on in windows feature after update,
  5. windows process activation service win10