Windows 10: Should this be in Startup?

Discus and support Should this be in Startup? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am really liking Windows 10 and I still need some more tweaking to do but overall pretty good. But I ran AutoRun and under "Logon"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AirPower4ever, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Should this be in Startup?

Hello everyone.

I am really liking Windows 10 and I still need some more tweaking to do but overall pretty good. But I ran AutoRun and under "Logon" it found this missing file. I looked in the inf folder and it is definitely not there. Looking at the name this is Windows Media Player which I did try out and played back my music and videos. So not sure if this can be fixed or is an error or is something to ignore. What say you?

:)

AirPower4ever, Dec 5, 2015

2. Roll Back Previous Firmware (This should be a new feature!)

agree. This new software is useless. My N86 8MP is doing crazy things from switching off to freeze ... makes me crazy. blacberry users don't have problem with thier device .... maybe is time for change ?

maintech---01, Dec 5, 2015
  3. E71 Power Saver. Should this be on or off

Chaps,

I'm looking at the E71 power saver options for the screen.

I have 3 settings

1.) off

2.) Now Playing

3.) Animation

I have this set to "off" as this creates a black screen, which to my mind is the most energy efficiant, however I have set this to "now playing" in the past which shows a little display with the time and email/message status.

By turning power saver to "off" (the blank screen) am I using more power than actually having a power saver "on".

I would have thought having a blank screen was better, but the definition of turning a power saver option off seems to contradict that.

Any input from you modern phone vetrans.

darcym---01, Dec 5, 2015
  4. AndreyT Win User

Should this be in Startup?

What exactly does your Autoruns entry say? What file does it refer to (exact name, full path)? People are not telepathic here. We can't magically guess what "this missing file" you are talking about.

AndreyT, Dec 5, 2015
  5. Click on the picture, pretty clear what it says. Wow, typical.

AirPower4ever, Dec 6, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    If you did a fresh install then it should not be there. If you did an upgrade then may be it's carried over from previous Windows.
    Just uncheck it.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2015
  7. Thanks topgundcp. This was a clean install, no upgrade. Will do

Again, thanks

AirPower4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Should this be in Startup?

1. Should this be in Startup? - Similar Threads - Should Startup

2. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  3. I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got black screen after startup my laptop. Normally it should be on the login screen.: This happens today when I update Windows also in optional updates included some AMD and Realtek software. The pc's still running after startup BIOS runs fine I think but nothing shows, only black screen. Normally it should be on the login screen.I found that if I push the...
  4. Should OneDrive be ON at startup?

Should OneDrive be ON at startup?: If I elect to turn OFF OneDrive at startup, when will it come back on? Or do I manually have to turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-onedrive-be-on-at-startup/31dffb67-1c07-4b2c-ac48-f531388978f9
  5. Should OneDrive be ON at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should OneDrive be ON at startup?: If I elect to turn OFF OneDrive at startup, when will it come back on? Or do I manually have to turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-onedrive-be-on-at-startup/31dffb67-1c07-4b2c-ac48-f531388978f9
  6. I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?: So, I recently got a new laptop from work and the app has a random program in my startup apps list. The location of the app is in "C:\windows\Installer and the program is called "_39BAD5C1F42D317A6AD828". I'm not sure what this is, and I'm not allowed to make a lot of changes...
  7. I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?

I have an unknown program in my startup apps section. What should I do with it?: So, I recently got a new laptop from work and the app has a random program in my startup apps list. The location of the app is in "C:\windows\Installer and the program is called "_39BAD5C1F42D317A6AD828". I'm not sure what this is, and I'm not allowed to make a lot of changes...
  8. startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove: startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-is-very-slow-what-are-the-basis-needed-for/c440397f-e843-47ae-b6f2-19b6d119601a
  9. startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove

startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove: startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-is-very-slow-what-are-the-basis-needed-for/c440397f-e843-47ae-b6f2-19b6d119601a
  10. startup is very slow, what are the basis needed for a fast startup, what should I remove

in Windows 10 Customization