Windows 10: Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

Discus and support Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PRANAVBAJPAI, May 25, 2019.

1. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to install this update yet. When i installed the Windows update assistant and ran it manually then it checked for 1903 and asked to update. Should i go for the update by using update assistant or should i wait till windows automatic update prompts me for that?

Also, if i use the update assistant and due to poor network connectivity in my area if updates pause then will they resume if i use update assistant or will they start from the very beginning?

:)

PRANAVBAJPAI, May 25, 2019
  2. graye Win User

update to 1903

No, 1809 is not a pre-requisite for 1903

If you're interested in diagnosing the current upgrade issue, please let us know

graye, May 25, 2019
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, May 25, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

Update assistant

Hi Dave,

You can disable update assistant by following these steps:

• On the search bar,
      type
      Task Scheduler
      and hit
      Enter.

• Navigate to
      Windows > Update Orchestrator.

• Double-click
      on
      Update Assistant
      in the right pane.

• Under
      triggers tab,
      uncheck Enable
      on every triggers that start the update.

• Click
      OK.

• Double click
      on
      Update Assistant
      CalendarRun.

• Under
      triggers tab,
      uncheck Enable
      on every triggers that start the update.

• Click
      OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

1. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not? - Similar Threads - Should update assistant

2. Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant: I am currently on version 1909. Thus to be in service again, I downloaded update assistant to get to a supported version 21H1. But for some reason, I cannot update. As far as I know, the update assistant does its job perfectly,This is the error"windows setup cannot be...
  3. Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant: I am currently on version 1909. Thus to be in service again, I downloaded update assistant to get to a supported version 21H1. But for some reason, I cannot update. As far as I know, the update assistant does its job perfectly,This is the error"windows setup cannot be...
  4. Cannot update to 21H1 using windows update assistant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 update failed using update assistant

Windows 10 update failed using update assistant: I had ran windows update reset and then used the Windows Update assistant tool to update my laptop.After I restarted it to update after some while it failed and then rollback-ed.C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log...
  6. How to use update assistant?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use update assistant?: . submitted by /u/WatchingCrab94282 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb3xh6/how_to_use_update_assistant/
  7. Should I Delete Windows 10 Update Assistant

Should I Delete Windows 10 Update Assistant: I have recently given my computer the Windows 10 May 2020 update, and I wondered if I should still keep the Windows 10 Update Assistant Program that appeared. When clicking on the icon, a blank window pops up and says, "Thank you for updating the latest version of Windows...
  8. Activating Windows after updating using the Update assistant..,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows after updating using the Update assistant..,: I had Windows 10 Home version activated using a digital key in my laptop when bought. Since I couldn't update the latest updates from the settings since it resulted in a endless loop of undoing changes, I updated the windows using the update assistant. But now my windows is...
  9. Trying to update to 1903 with Windows 10 Update Assistant fail

Trying to update to 1903 with Windows 10 Update Assistant fail: I'd like to update to 1903 on my main desktop PC. I downloaded the Windows 10 Update Assistant and started the process. Eventually I get a message saying "You can't install windows on a USB flash drive using Setup." The thing is, there is no USB flash drive attached to the...
  10. Focus Assist problem following update to version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist problem following update to version 1903: I updated to version 1903 a couple of days ago and, since then, I keep getting incessant messages in the Action Center that "your notifications will remain quiet while you're in full screen mode." I've tried turning off Focus Assist. I've tried changing the settings. I can't...