Windows 10: Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way

Discus and support Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 H2 21 Japanese OSWe are told not to touch windows registry unless you know what you are doing. Therefore asking question here.Question: If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ari94, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Ari94 Win User

Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way

Windows 10 H2 21 Japanese OSWe are told not to touch windows registry unless you know what you are doing. Therefore asking question here.Question: If we enabled windows registry backup and something happened to computer does that backup will be helpful in any way? If so then how to enable registry backup?ORIt is much better to have computer image backup that will be much better?Any help in this regard will be appreciated.Thank you

:)

Ari94, Aug 29, 2022

2. How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

I want to re enable my registry backup in windows 10. Microsoft sayed they disabled the automatically registry backup for windows 10. My computer always crashes. if my registry will corrupt i can restore the registry backup

Has anyone have a solution for Re-Enable this Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

Code:
    Thanks,RegardsAaqil

Aaqil Tech PC, Aug 29, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Developer Mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in enabling Developer mode. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you using Windows 10 Home or Pro?

As you have mentioned that you are using Windows 10 Home, I would like to inform that Group Policy editor is not available in Home edition of Windows.

However, let me share an article that might help you in enabling Developer mode using Registry Editor. I would suggest you to refer the section
    Use group policies or registry keys to enable a device from the article

Enable your device for development

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 29, 2022
  4. Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way

Re-enable windows update

Hi Aadithya,

To address your concern about enabling Windows update again, we'd like to know if you've made a back up of your registry prior to changing registry values. If so, we suggest restoring it with the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type regedit.exe on the search box, then press
      Enter
    • Click File, then Import.
    • Select the location from Import Registry File where you saved the backup copy to.
    • Click to select the backup file, and then click Open.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more
    information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to this
    Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

You can also restore your computer to an earlier point in time. You can refer to the steps on this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way

1. Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way - Similar Threads - Should enable registry

2. is there any way to enable secureboot via powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to enable secureboot via powershell: is there any way to enable secureboot via powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-enable-secureboot-via/bc329793-cd54-4819-a411-e929ae063a84
  3. is there any way to enable secureboot via powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any way to enable secureboot via powershell: is there any way to enable secureboot via powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-enable-secureboot-via/bc329793-cd54-4819-a411-e929ae063a84
  4. Is there a way to turn off blockautoenablement or add enable in registry to help getting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to turn off blockautoenablement or add enable in registry to help getting...: As part of trying to get memory integrity scan to turn on we have encountered this issue in registry. If we try to set BlockAutoEnablement to 0 or to set a new Enable entry. An error message about this is under administrator control comes up. Any ideas .....
  5. Is there a way to turn off blockautoenablement or add enable in registry to help getting...

Is there a way to turn off blockautoenablement or add enable in registry to help getting...: As part of trying to get memory integrity scan to turn on we have encountered this issue in registry. If we try to set BlockAutoEnablement to 0 or to set a new Enable entry. An error message about this is under administrator control comes up. Any ideas .....
  6. Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way: Windows 10 H2 21 Japanese OSWe are told not to touch windows registry unless you know what you are doing. Therefore asking question here.Question: If we enabled windows registry backup and something happened to computer does that backup will be helpful in any way? If so then...
  7. Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way

Should we enable windows registry backup, does enabling help in any way: Windows 10 H2 21 Japanese OSWe are told not to touch windows registry unless you know what you are doing. Therefore asking question here.Question: If we enabled windows registry backup and something happened to computer does that backup will be helpful in any way? If so then...
  8. How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup: How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup I want to re enable my registry backup in windows 10. Microsoft sayed they disabled the automatically registry backup for windows 10. My computer always crashes. if my registry will corrupt i can restore the registry...
  9. How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable automatic Registry backup in Windows 10: Microsoft used to perform backups of the registry automatically, but the feature has been quietly disabled in Windows 10. If you want to regularly backup registry to RegBack folder, you’ll have to manually enable Registry backup feature in Windows 10. Windows 10 version...
  10. Can we enable Windows Backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can we enable Windows Backup?: Some parts are there but some are not. My Win10 Ent' won't let me pick a backup drive for example. And before you say it I only want to use the default MS backup. 2410