Should Windows 10 be called Windows 10?

Discus and support Should Windows 10 be called Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Should Windows 10 be called Windows 10 since it may be considered a service now? Here our some names I thought of: Windows services Windows bing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Feb 8, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Should Windows 10 be called Windows 10 since it may be considered a service now?

Here our some names I thought of:

Windows services
    Windows bing
    Bing 10
    Bing Services
    Bing
    Windows reimagined
    Window reengineered
    Microsoft Services
    Windows messedup (I am joking on this name *Smile )

Feel free to share other names.

:)

groze, Feb 8, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User

Creators Update should be called Windows 11

Company officials decided to choose 10 because they believe this release is a 'Perfect 10' and to also signify this is the last major release of Windows. There will still be revisions of Windows 10 called Feature Updates,
    just don't expect there to be a Windows 11, Windows 12 etc.

Initially revealed at BUILD 2014 as a minor update called ‘Threshold’, Windows 10 was originally intended be a minor Update 2 for Windows 8.1. Somewhere along the way, plans changed and the operating system evolved
    into the major revision we have today.

Windows 10 is now delivered as a service, with two revisions expect in both the spring and fall of the calendar year.

In fact, the plan was to originally have up to 4 feature updates every quarter, but this turned out to be unattainable.

Technically, you are right that these a major new versions of Windows which could have easily been called 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15. But, that harks back to the old days of major product releases in a box you go to a brick
    and mortar store to buy. Microsoft wants you to think of Windows as a service that is continually updated and maintained transparently.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2015
  3. StewartChaimson Win User
    Creators Update should be called Windows 11

I feel Microsoft is wrong to call this an "update" and instead should be calling it a major upgrade. I'm used to how long an "update" takes to download and install and I had known this upgrade was going to take a full day to download and another day to
    install I would have planned accordingly. Instead I was put in a bind, unable to respond to important work, angry by being hit with something unexpected.

StewartChaimson, Feb 8, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Windows 10 is just fine with me.

Wynona, Feb 8, 2015
  5. Phone Man Win User
    No 10 was used in 1979

[​IMG]

Jim *Tongue

Phone Man, Feb 8, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Picky, Picky. . .*really

7. BunnyJ New Member
    Really,,, 10 works just fine.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 8, 2015
  8. ARC1020 Win User

There needs to be some way to differentiate time. Can you imagine what it'll be like in say 7-8 years time trying to find online training, technical or troubleshooting info if it's only known by one name forever (such as Windows 10).

With OSX the naming goes 10.1, 10.2, etc. so they could do the same. Or maybe use years instead, such as Windows 10.15 (2015), 10.16 (2016) for major rollup points.

ARC1020, Feb 8, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Imparting significance to numbers and attempting to adhere to any self-imposed rules is failure waiting to happen.

Whatever has a nice ring to it works just fine. After all, it is just a marketing thing...

10 is just as good as "Applesauce", or "'57 Chevy", or anything else!

All is, of course, IMHO... *Cool

f14tomcat, Feb 8, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Or this sweet baby!

[​IMG]
    YES!! *Wink

As for the topic in the OP, I think the name of the new OS is set in stone. There is practically zero chance of it changing before the RTM comes out later this year.

BunnyJ, Feb 8, 2015
  11. caperjack Win User
    as much as I like Microsoft ,they could never match that 10

caperjack, Feb 8, 2015
  12. Slartybart Win User
    Slartybart, Feb 8, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Feb 8, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    Didn't MS hint at just "Windows" for the name ?

CountMike, Feb 8, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I thought that was very early on when they hinted that it might be Win9 as well. Right now it makes very little sense to change the name, IMO.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 8, 2015
Thema:

Should Windows 10 be called Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Should called

1. Where should I install microphone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...
  2. I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?

in Windows 10 Support
    I did A GPU upgrade and I feel No Difference, should I Overclock CPU?: I upgraded my Computer's gtx 730 2 GB straight to a gtx 1030 2 GB, (which is remarkable in allowing me now to play Doom 4 and things like that,) however, somehow I still have to enforce things like performance mode, and other forced performance modes and Razor cortex-esc...
  3. I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm about to get 1803 -Should I be worried?: I have read many, many problems encountered by users after 1803 was applied to their system. In fact there are web sites devoted to 'common problems after installing v1803' I can see mine will be applied when I next re-start. Should I be concerned? Your thoughts? 110574
  4. Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic?: Some say manual while others say automatic. Which is preferable 110428
  5. Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?: Hello, Do I have to install again KB4056892 in my Windows 10 April 2018 Update latest build, after a clean install? KB4056892 is the original Sceptre/Meltdown patch for WINDOWS 10 Thanks Came 110403
  6. I guess people should stop caring what errors happen in Event Viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    I guess people should stop caring what errors happen in Event Viewer.: With the DCOM errors and some other ones that happen just cause, it seems one can drive themselves crazy trying to "fix them" Today I found out that if I sign out of my computer and sign back in I will get 20 or so of kernel-eventtracing event id 2 0xc0000035. However it...
  7. You should change your Twitter password due to bug

in Windows 10 Support
    You should change your Twitter password due to bug: When you set a password for your Twitter account, we use technology that masks it so no one at the company can see it. We recently identified a bug that stored passwords unmasked in an internal log. We have fixed the bug, and our investigation shows no indication of breach or...
Should Windows 10 be called Windows 10? solved