Windows 10: Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1

Discus and support Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found that some older MP4 videos 2017/2018 videos which were recorded with my android phone will not play in Media Player or in Movies & TV. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Boulderados, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1

I found that some older MP4 videos 2017/2018 videos which were recorded with my android phone will not play in Media Player or in Movies & TV. The audio does play but I get no video.

If I try to load the file in the Windows Video Editor App I get the error: "These files have properties which can't be read, so we couldn't add them"

I have installed all of the Video Extensions from Microsoft I could find in the store, this did not help.

I am able to play the videos in VLC player which states that the codec being used is: H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1

Should these files play in Windows 10 or must I do something?

Please note that I am not interested in installing any DirectShow or VFW codecs ffdshow as these will not work with the Video Editor or Movies & TV applications.

:)

Boulderados, Feb 28, 2021
  2. bhumbro Win User

E90 MPEG-4 video can't play on PC

MPEG-4 is a collection of methods defining compression of audio and visual (AV) digital data. MPEG-4 absorbs many of the features of MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 and other related standards. MPEG-4 is still a developing standard and is divided into a number of parts.
    Companies promoting MPEG-4 compatibility do not always clearly state which "part" level compatibility they are referring to. The key parts to be aware of are MPEG-4 part 2 (including Advanced Simple Profile, used by codecs such as DivX, Xvid, Nero Digital
    and 3ivx and by Quicktime 6) and MPEG-4 part 10 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 or Advanced Video Coding, used by the x264 codec, by Nero Digital AVC, by Quicktime 7, and by next-gen DVD formats like HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc).

Most of the features included in MPEG-4 are left to individual developers to decide whether to implement them. This means that there are probably no complete implementations of the entire MPEG-4 set of standards. To deal with this, the standard includes the
    concept of "profiles" and "levels", allowing a specific set of capabilities to be defined in a manner appropriate for a subset of applications.

The best option is to use either the DIVX player or the quicktime player

bhumbro, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Nokia 808 Flash Video

Hey Guys

Sorry my English is bad...

I try everything to run this Video:

Stream 0

Typ: Video

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)

Auflösung: 426x240

Bildwiederholrate: 25

Stream 1

Typ: Audio

Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Kanäle: Stereo

Abtastrate: 48000 Hz

In the Webbrowser whit an Embeddet Flash Player the run for 5sec and than it Stops.

Thx

I_AGREE_BUTTON, Feb 28, 2021
  4. atcsam Win User

Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1

H.264 MPG-4 Part 10 AVC1 Lumia 925

At some point in May, an update came through that causes the media player to exit out when opening the mp4 codec h.264 part 10 AVC1 files. These files were playing back in early may.

What I know so far working with the developer of IPCENTCOM, ip camera viewer and recorder. After a discussion from the developer the following is noted

Works with Nokia 1520 and 925 with 8.1

No longer works with Nokias 521 or 925 running 8.0 T-Mobile

$64K question is what changed?

I recall a onedrive and dislay update, perhaps a media player and ie coming thru in May May... Cannot recall. I believe an update came through to support 8.1 but broke 8.0 playing h264 part 10 AVC1 files (.mp4)

Any thoughts from the gurus, a hard reset is not a good option, besides once the updates come through it will break again. I believe this occurred within a 3 week time frame.

atcsam, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1

1. Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1 - Similar Threads - Should CODEC H264

2. Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails: I use Windows10 and looking in File Explorer I notice that all formats of files still have their own thumbnails except Mpeg 4 files. All the documents files, photo files and all video file eg WMV generate thumbnails, but my Real Player files display only an icon.I've tried...
  3. Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails: I use Windows10 and looking in File Explorer I notice that all formats of files still have their own thumbnails except Mpeg 4 files. All the documents files, photo files and all video file eg WMV generate thumbnails, but my Real Player files display only an icon.I've tried...
  4. Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MPEG - 2 codec OFFLINE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MPEG - 2 codec OFFLINE: Hello, How can I install the Microsoft MPEG-2 codec offline? Running Powershell Add-AppXPackage ... does not work with an air-gapped system. - And no, there is no way to get this system on a network, please don't provide networked option as a solution. Please provide...
  6. MPEG Codec 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    MPEG Codec 2: I am attempting to download this codec from the microsoft store but it gives me an error after it begins the download. There is plenty of space on the drive and it is the system drive. What else could be the issue?...
  7. Windows 10 Codec

Windows 10 Codec: I can't open MP4 videos in windows media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-codec/dc1c3ede-dab8-4459-ab17-3835a8ca94e8
  8. bluetooth codec windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth codec windows 10: Is there a way to use SBC codec on windows 10 as my Galaxy Buds Plus don't support aptx so they sound really horrible on my laptop while sounding great with my phone which use sbc codec submitted by /u/BladesSkate [link] [comments]...
  9. media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs: Dear Sir, I have been searching a long time for a video player … Let me explain briefly. I have a Sony Entertainment program on my pc called PlayMemories home. I store a lot of home photos and videos on this storage. Quite nice. I used to make annual dvd’s for my...
  10. codec for Windows 10

codec for Windows 10: When I try to look at the pictures that I transferred from my iPhone to my computer with Windows 10, I am not able to see many of them. A notice appears instructing me to install codec from the Microsoft Store. I can't find codec in the Microsoft Store....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. avc windows 10 codec