Windows 10: Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic?

Discus and support Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some say manual while others say automatic. Which is preferable 110428 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, May 16, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic?

Some say manual while others say automatic. Which is preferable

:)

Redbatman, May 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 Set time automatically not working

• Open Administrative Tools (Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools)
    • Under Administrative tools open Services
    • Under services locate and open Windows Time (W32Time). This should open Windows Time Property window.
    • In this window under "General" tab (should be opened by default) you should find a drop down list for "Startup Type".
    • For me it was set to "Manual" and that is why I was facing this problem. When I changed it to "Automatic (Delayed Start)"
      my problem was solved.

RupeshChikop, May 17, 2018
  3. Scott 98 Win User
    how should Windows update service be set manual or auto triggered ?

Original Title: Windows update service

when you open services and check Windows update it is set for manual triggered, is this correct ? only asking because when you change it to automatic triggered then after restart it stops certain errors like id 202 windows update blocked by policy ? , so
    how should Windows update service be set manual or auto triggered ? thanks.

Scott 98, May 17, 2018
Thema:

Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic?

1. Should Windows time be set to manual or automatic? - Similar Threads - Should set manual

2. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  3. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...: I traveled recently to PST but Time Zone now is EST and I am in MST. I turned computer off and on and toggled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-automatic-location-setting-is-on-and-settings/c370ae8a-f14e-443d-9ab8-87dfb31996a5
  4. my automatic location setting is on and settings for set time automatically is on but time...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Set time manually option not avaible

Set time manually option not avaible: So, I'm trying to use my new computer, and I noticed that the time was wrong, so I tried to set it, except for some reason even when I change the region, its stuck 1 hour behind. To make it worse, the set time manually button isn't there, so I cant fix it. I have provided...
  6. Setting Time Automatically

Setting Time Automatically: Every time I restart my PC the time is wrong. I have to manually click "sync now" every time which has no problem setting the correct time. "set time automatically" and "set time zone automatically" are switched on. The bios is set correctly, the Cmos battery is fairly new,...
  7. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  8. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  9. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

10. set time automatically

set time automatically: I have internet connection but cant set the time zone automatically through wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-time-automatically/57edbcd4-906e-479f-b703-ebd65cbae1ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what should windows update be set at in services

2. set windows update to manual or automatic which is best

3. should windows update service be set to manual or automatic