Windows 10: Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware

Discus and support Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been a windows user since Windows 95. I have had every version except ME and 2000. I purchased this product in good faith, that it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VeryConcernedMouse, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware

I have been a windows user since Windows 95. I have had every version except ME and 2000.

I purchased this product in good faith, that it would be the same reliable, trustworthy operating system I've used for more than 20 years. I was not aware that Microsoft had become so desperate and bereft of morals in pursuit of money, that they would install malware on personal computers that overrides the free will of the end user and forces a computer product that is owned and used by the end user, to perform in a manner the end user does not want. Even when the end user disables those features, the operating system acts as malware, finding sneaky ways of turning itself on, and engaging beyond its mandate. This is disturbing "big brother" level antics, that as a woman, makes me feel unsafe. I spent many weeks denying the software updates by disabling several features at startup, only for the update to install itself , when I let my guards down and left the room for a rest room break. I returned to my computer and there the Windows OS was, mentally throwing me on the bed, stripping my digital clothes off and having it's way with me against MY WILL... this is not hyperbole, I felt...violated. The OS FORCES THE END user engage with Microsoft in ways that is undesirable. I am a computer junkie who even worked for a popular software company a decade ago. Why is Microsoft forcing itself in this rape-like manner on end users? Because it is seeking various ways of monetizing our daily use of computers and hardware that we purchased and paid for in full. To watch and monitor our behaviors so they can figure out ways to turn PEOPLE into digital assets. They did this with Microsoft Word. I have an older version that does not require me to pay $150 yearly to rent the software instead of buying it outright for the same cost. I will never use Microsoft 365. I have had several versions of Word that was installed on my computer and that was the end of my contact with Microsoft, so renting it strikes me as ridiculous. I want no contact with any company after I have paid money for it. I don't use One Note, as i am not interested in engaging Microsoft in anyway. When my transaction is complete, I shouldn’t have to hear from them again. I'm a writer. A published author. For that purpose I will consider owning a word processor without internet connection capabilities. I will use my phone for access. As much as I hate Mac and Apple products, I may even give that a try, depending on the amount of contact required to use their product. Tomorrow, I will see if I can revert my OS back to Windows 7, the last malware free OS by Microsoft. To feel for violated by this unwanted behavior and contact, has lost this company a lifelong fan. I may be one person and don't matter much in the grand scheme, but many others feel the same way. I was so disgusted i wondered if a class action suit against Microsoft for installing malware and interactive programs designed to monitor our activities was possible. I'm not fully interested in that. But who knows. Tired of being exploited by this out of control internet, social media driven industry.

Signed,

Disgusted with Microsoft

:)

VeryConcernedMouse, Oct 22, 2020

2. Class Action Suit

Has anyone ever thought about a class action suit against Microsoft for the Windows 10 fiasco?

DouglasBackstrom, Oct 22, 2020
  3. ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 22, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware

Windows 10 forced update class action law suit.

This is a support forum, not a legal threat forum. If you wish to join a class action (if it exists), go ahead and find it.

Note that updates are not designed to slow your computer down.

Entegy, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware

1. Should Windows users file a class action suit for forced updates/malware - Similar Threads - Should users file

2. File class action lawsuit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File class action lawsuit: I'm going to file a class action lawsuit against your company if somebody doesn't give me a phone call back then give me on some support on how to fix my goddamn computer instead of redirecting me to the online service which is not been helpfulP.S. and I will not ask a second...
  3. File class action lawsuit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File class action lawsuit: I'm going to file a class action lawsuit against your company if somebody doesn't give me a phone call back then give me on some support on how to fix my goddamn computer instead of redirecting me to the online service which is not been helpfulP.S. and I will not ask a second...
  4. File class action lawsuit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Class-action suits for disruptions due to Windows 11 / transition possibility on Dell...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Class-action suits for disruptions due to Windows 11 / transition possibility on Dell...: Jan 14, 2022: Windows 11 transition possibility on laptop Dell Inspiron 15R 5520; Reg Model P25F. PC was assembled in India. User is now based in Beijing, China. Both Dell hardware and Microsoft software; OS provider; Windows OS came pre-installed on PC at the time of...
  6. Class-action suits for disruptions due to Windows 11 / transition possibility on Dell...

Class-action suits for disruptions due to Windows 11 / transition possibility on Dell...: Jan 14, 2022: Windows 11 transition possibility on laptop Dell Inspiron 15R 5520; Reg Model P25F. PC was assembled in India. User is now based in Beijing, China. Both Dell hardware and Microsoft software; OS provider; Windows OS came pre-installed on PC at the time of...
  7. New Class-Action Suit?

New Class-Action Suit?: Last night, with updates permanently disabled, and not having had any major issue with this before at least since Windows 10 kept trying to hijack every Windows 7/8/8.1 system a few years back, my computer restarted itself while I slept, killing a business process I had...
  8. class action

class action: sick and tired of Microsoft update issues class action needed everything a mess here always same friggin issue just pulling my hair to get my laptop going https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-action/80a27153-e500-49dd-ab15-0531661cebdc
  9. Windows 10 forced update class action law suit.

Windows 10 forced update class action law suit.: I have a friend who work in the industry and he told me that his job is to use updates to slow down my computer. This is my computer and no one has the right to intentionally slow it down. Does anyone know how I can join the Windows 10 forced update law suit....
  10. Class Action

Class Action: During the latest Windows 10 October 2018 update, Microsoft knowingly release an update that deleted personal data. Microsoft had reports of data being deleted and did not mitigate any customer losses by releasing this update. I personally have lost photos and data that I can...