Windows 10: should you allow C:/Window\sys32\Taskmgr.exe to access internet

Discus and support should you allow C:/Window\sys32\Taskmgr.exe to access internet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mcafee wants to know if this should be allowed or blocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TroyRomo2, Mar 7, 2021.

1. TroyRomo2 Win User

should you allow C:/Window\sys32\Taskmgr.exe to access internet

Mcafee wants to know if this should be allowed or blocked

:)

TroyRomo2, Mar 7, 2021
  2. ChuckHuch Win User

I keep receiving the message "There was a problem starting C:\Sys32\LogiLDA.dll"

I keep receiving the message "There was a problem starting C:\Sys32\LogiLDA.dll"

I have tried to disable it in task bar ,Services, but it is not listed to disable!

Can you help please.

ChuckHuch, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Allowing a Program Access to the Internet

Hi Philip,

A firewall is a software program or piece of hardware that helps screen out hackers, viruses, and worms that try to reach your computer over the Internet. Using Windows Firewall, you can allow programs to access the internet. To do so, creating a Firewall
    Rule is required. Start the Windows Firewall settings by clicking Start and searching for Firewall. Click the Windows Firewall app and not Windows Firewall with Advanced Security. The Windows Firewall screen shows you how the firewall is configured for both
    private networks and public networks. On the list of settings to the left, click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall". The next view shows you a list of all the apps that are already allowed to communicate, and over what kinds of networks (private
    or public). If it’s the first time you’ve opened Windows Firewall, click the Change Settings button to give yourself permissions to make changes or add new apps. You’ll only need to do this once. To add a new app to the list, click “Allow another app”. In
    the Add an app window, browse for the app you want to allow network access to. Click the Network types button to specify whether you want to allow the app access on public or private networks (or both). Click Add when you’re done and that’s it. You’ve allowed
    the app through your firewall–you’ll see it show up on the list of allowed apps, and it should be allowed to use internet or network-related features.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Elmojo Win User

Windows Firewall: Allow internal network / deny internet access

Hi all,
    Been lurking here for years, but I finally need some direct help please.
    I have a need to allow a specific program to have internal network access, but disallow/deny that same program all internet access. I don't see any way to do this in the firewall settings. It seems like it's an all or nothing toggle. What am I missing?
    I'm using Malwarebytes Windows Firewall Control, which is just a fancy GUI for the built-in windows firewall.

windows ver: 1909

- - - Updated - - -

Really, almost 2600 views and not a single suggestion? Is this really such an impossible problem? *Huh
    If so, is there another firewall program (free or paid) that would allow me to do this?
    I have a security camera system that needs internal access to my network, but the software I use is notorious for pushing out automatic updates that break the system. I can't have that, so the suggestion is to block access to the internet for that program. However, I can't block internet and still allow internal network traffic with the Windows Firewall. Not that I can find anyway.

Elmojo, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

1. should you allow C:/Window\sys32\Taskmgr.exe to access internet - Similar Threads - should allow Windowsys32Taskmgr

2. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied: I have a Windows 10 workstation that used to have a Fujitsu scanner installed. We have replaced that with a Brother scanner and now I am trying to uninstall the Fujitsu software. I am logged in as the administrator and go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and...
  3. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied: I have a Windows 10 workstation that used to have a Fujitsu scanner installed. We have replaced that with a Brother scanner and now I am trying to uninstall the Fujitsu software. I am logged in as the administrator and go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and...
  4. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is dasHost.exe? Should I allow dasHost.exe internet access?

in Windows 10 News
    What is dasHost.exe? Should I allow dasHost.exe internet access?: [ATTACH]If you are seeing dasHost.exe on your Windows 11/10 computer and wondering what it is, we covered it for you. In this guide, we discuss what dasHost.exe is and if you should allow dasHost.exe internet access? What is dasHost.exe? Device Association Framework Provider...
  6. Allow app Internet access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app Internet access.: Hello! I've been having a problem with a game, I can't access its online features, but it's not the game's problem, it's probably my network. I am wondering how to find out where the game is "trying to connect to", and whitelist it on my router. (I don't even know if it's an...
  7. Should I allow MSEdge.exe to access favorites?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I allow MSEdge.exe to access favorites?: I got a notification from WD saying it stopped what i believe to be this app accessing the favorites folder. should I be wary of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-allow-msedgeexe-to-access-favorites/bdf621ef-ea0e-4a60-97ca-5ad8b68889d0
  8. Should I allow?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I allow?: Should i allow McAfee to make changes to my device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/should-i-allow/2c0632bd-8585-4b54-9473-df9963e3db12
  9. Why should the Settings app access the internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why should the Settings app access the internet?: Quick question - why should Settings app access the internet? What will break if I block it from doing so by a firewall? 148784
  10. Allow write access to C:/ root

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allow write access to C:/ root: Even though I am administrator on my PC, I do not have write access to C:/. (Win 10 Pro) Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know of a fix? Thanks 10905