Windows 10: Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day

Discus and support Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Priyansh Khandal, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day

Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In?

:)

Priyansh Khandal, Jun 9, 2023
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 9, 2023
  3. MSI Laptop Plugged In Not Charging at 0%

So, 2 days ago I was using my laptop without charging and left it at around 15% battery life, then put it on 'Sleep' option without turning on the charger.

The next day, I try to resume, and the battery is at 0% saying that it's 'plugged in, not charging'.

I tried uninstalling the battery drivers, turning off and then on, pressing the power button, and all that jazz that the rest of the gazillion guides suggest, but nothing happens.

When I try to recalibrate, my laptop shuts down immediately. I cannot disconnect the charger for even a second without my laptop shutting down. And yes, every cable is in fine order. Nothing smells burned, my battery is not overheated when I opened the back of my laptop.

I try to look for any guidance on the internet, but all the advice is the same as the above.

Almost a year ago, I changed the battery (I could not get one from MSI because they don't ship to my country), so I don't know if it has anything to do with that. This never happened before, even with the new battery.

Andreas_615, Jun 9, 2023
  4. DianeGill Win User

Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day

1. Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day - Similar Threads - Should Keep MSI

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In all day: Should You Keep Your MSI Laptop Plugged In? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-keep-your-msi-laptop-plugged-in-all-day/b5454063-57de-4177-b154-a8fd6dbd3ce5
  5. MSI Laptop Plugged In Not Charging at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop Plugged In Not Charging at 0%: So, 2 days ago I was using my laptop without charging and left it at around 15% battery life, then put it on 'Sleep' option without turning on the charger.The next day, I try to resume, and the battery is at 0% saying that it's 'plugged in, not charging'.I tried uninstalling...
  6. MSI Laptop Plugged In Not Charging at 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Laptop Plugged In Not Charging at 0%: So, 2 days ago I was using my laptop without charging and left it at around 15% battery life, then put it on 'Sleep' option without turning on the charger.The next day, I try to resume, and the battery is at 0% saying that it's 'plugged in, not charging'.I tried uninstalling...
  7. If you unplug your laptop before you shutdown, then want to open it do you you plug it in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If you unplug your laptop before you shutdown, then want to open it do you you plug it in...: I just went on a week vacation and my laptop is normally always on or in sleep mode. Do I plug the charger in before or after I turn it on from shutdown? Will it corrupt anything? Thanks. submitted by /u/SmaIIpp [link] [comments]...
  8. What should i do? (All in one msi computer)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should i do? (All in one msi computer): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PeepWYA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/figvmw/what_should_i_do_all_in_one_msi_computer/
  9. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why You Should Overclock Your RAM: Why You Should Overclock Your RAM (It’s Easy!) I did not know that you could do this. Does anyone here routinely do this with their hardware? 140619
  10. On launch day, you MAY NOT be able to upgrade all your computers!

in Windows 10 Support
    On launch day, you MAY NOT be able to upgrade all your computers!: As most of us know by now, MS will be doing a rolling upgrade of PCs top Win10 lasting up to a month according to MS. Us insiders will be able to upgrade our current machines that are on the fast ring. Don't expect to upgrade all of your computers that are not on the Win10...