Windows 10: Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you

Discus and support Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Final products are not perfect. The same goes for Windows 10 as well. However, Windows 10 v1809 which came out in October made User files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 22, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you

WinClub, Dec 22, 2018
  2. lx07 Win User

What Times WU To Auto Check For Updates?

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm just going to wait and see. Perhaps my PC (and yours) are bottom of the list for this update for some reason.

Sure manual check upgrades it but auto doesn't.

Sorry I can't suggest why...

3. Manually installed updates keep being offered by Windows Update

I have installed the following updates manually, downloaded them directly from Microsoft Catalog site.

• Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3139907)
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140768)
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3144756)
    However, after they have been successfully installed, Windows Update keeps offering them again, as if they weren't installed yet.

Is this a known issue?

Why does Windows Update keep offering manually-installed updates?

How can I remove them from Windows Update's update list so that it won't download them over and over again?

Maximilian Haru Raditya, Dec 22, 2018
  4. imrazor Win User

KB4056892 not offered for update; manual install fails 0x80073715

The Meltdown patch has not been offered so far for update on my Win10 Pro (build 1709) laptop. It also fails the PowerShell script that MS provided to check if your system is vulnerable. It is NOT an AMD system, and I'm using Windows Defender for antivirus protection. When Windows Update failed to pull the Meltdown updated, I manually downloaded the KB4056892 cumulative update. When I try running it fails with error 0x80073715. I've tried running sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth both of which report that Windows is just peachy.

The only other thing to note is that non-security updates were deferred, but I recently turned that off and updated to build 1709.

Any other suggestions before I chuck this thing in a volcano?

imrazor, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Should you manually Check for Updates or wait for them to be offered to you - Similar Threads - Should manually Check

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. Wait, did you say are, or aren't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wait, did you say are, or aren't?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/soulstudios [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijn9ex/wait_did_you_say_are_or_arent/
  5. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  6. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Support
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  7. Why you should probably wait a bit before updating to windows 2004

Why you should probably wait a bit before updating to windows 2004: I've been impatient like nothing to download the feature update ever since they announced it and reading somewhere it has to do something with DX12, supposed performance boost and the new subsystem for linux accompanied with several other improvements, I went ahead and...
  8. If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.

If forced Updates annoy you, you should upgrade to 1903.: [ATTACH] Personally, I've had no issues with Windows forcing an update onto me in the past but this is still nice to see. On 1903, it seems like Windows doesn't even download updates during the active hours any more. It shows you which updates are available and waits...
  9. For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows

For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows: "... besides ticking the Become an Insider box there is another way to tell Microsoft you like to live on the wild side, and that is simply clicking on the Check for Updates button... In a blog post last week Michael Fortin, Corporate Vice President of Windows revealed that...
  10. Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows

Tip: For you own safety, you should never Check for Updates in Windows: "... besides ticking the Become an Insider box there is another way to tell Microsoft you like to live on the wild side, and that is simply clicking on the Check for Updates button... In a blog post last week Michael Fortin, Corporate Vice President of Windows revealed that...