Windows 10: Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

Discus and support Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out Someone must know how? I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dasha, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Dasha Win User

Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out
    Someone must know how? I have tried everything at least 6 times and nothing works > I can't Change my Taskbar Color?' It's dead - grayed out
    show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out TIA wv 1909

:)

Dasha, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Unable to change Taskbar color

Hello. I just did the Windows 10 update and now I'm unable to change the color of my Taskbar. I followed these instructions:

To change the color of your taskbar, select the
    Start button
    > Settings >
    Personalization
    > Colors
    > Show accent color on the following surfaces. Select the box next to
    Start, taskbar, and action center. This will change the color of your taskbar to the color of your overall theme.

The problem is that the box next to Start, taskbar, and action center is shaded and will not accept it to be selected.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Joseph_Lynch##, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

1. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out - Similar Threads - Show accent color

2. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  3. greyed out button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    greyed out button: i want to change my display resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 on Windows 11 but the button is greyed out so i can't do soisthere any way i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greyed-out-button/8db43d0b-eea7-4b2b-91da-ea16ff26b955
  4. Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon): [ATTACH] Hello guys! I saw some questions about accent colors here, and I hope that's ok to post this question in this sub. https://preview.redd.it/7chzzpsbdwd61.png?width=121&format=png&auto=webp&s=57f14c3a7577e9f3dbac503ed980944564a81c09 I noticed that Opera taskbar...
  5. Help with taskbar color and accents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with taskbar color and accents: Hi, all. In the past, it was possible to have a taskbar of a color (black/gray and perhaps white and I forgot) and then the accent colors would not change the color of the taskbar itself, but only of the accents (The apps pinned,etc). I can't seem to do this in the...
  6. Can't change taskbar and accent colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change taskbar and accent colors: Hi my name is John, I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question regarding Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Settings is why in Windows 10 Pro 64-BitVersion 20H2Installed on‎12/‎4/‎2020OS...
  7. Show accent color on the following surfaces, NOt allowed, grey out

Show accent color on the following surfaces, NOt allowed, grey out: I am using Win 10 2004 not 1903, Alos going to dark mode lets me change the color, but I don't want dark mode and the color goes back to white just as soon as I change to light mode....
  8. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out: Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out Someone must know how? I have tried everything at least 6 times and nothing works > I can't Change my Taskbar Color?' It's dead - grayed out show accent color …… the...
  9. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  10. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot select start taskbar and action center