Windows 10: "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes

Discus and support "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I went to check my desktop themes, and I noticed for some reason, switching to any of my pre-saved themes would change the taskbar to this gross... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Molly2925, Jan 31, 2020.

1. "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes

Hi, I went to check my desktop themes, and I noticed for some reason, switching to any of my pre-saved themes would change the taskbar to this gross grey colour, despite the fact that I do remember setting each of them to use unique colours. Upon some testing by re-saving new themes, I found out that for whatever reason, the "Show Accent Colour on the following surfaces" toggle for the Start/Taskbar/ActionCenter is NOT saving when I save themes, always defaulting back to off.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it a known bug already? I certainly hope it gets fixed, because having to toggle that setting every single time I switch themes is tiring

submitted by /u/Molly2925
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Molly2925, Jan 31, 2020

2. The text colour in taskbar changed automatically

Hello Desmond,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the Taskbar is not showing correct color compositions.

With default settings, Windows 10 uses black color for Start menu, taskbar and action center.
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and see if it helps in the current situation.

Method 1

Follow the below recommendation in order to set the color composition of your preference.

A. Change the taskbar color to your desired one.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize option to Personalization section of Settings app.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center
    . Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

Step 4: Now, under Choose your accent color, click on a tile to select and set it as the color for your taskbar, Start menu and action center.

B. Change the taskbar color to match desktop background.

Step 1: Open Personalization section of Settings app. To do so,
    right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: On the left-side, click Colors.

Step 3: Now, on the right-side, turn on the following options:

• Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    • Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center.

Method 2

Try to find out if you can change the way the Windows Theme looks like.

1. Type in the Search bar Change the Theme

2. Choose any one under Windows Default Themes.

You can also tweak the color and appearance of taskbar, Windows borders and Start Menu.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut, Windows key
    "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes Windows_Key.png
    +
    I

2. Click on the Personalization.

3. Click on the Color.

4. Choose your color and click on Save changes.

5. The color of the taskbar, window borders and start menu is now changed.

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Changing the task bar accent colour

After updating to build 1903, I'm trying to change the accent colour for the taskbar. There are 2 options under "Show the accent colour on the following surfaces". I can select the "Title bars and window borders" option OK but the "Start, taskbar and
    action centre" option is greyed out and I can't select it. Why not?

RonWalker110, Jan 31, 2020
  4. "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out.

KeithG_727, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

"Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes

1. "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes - Similar Threads - Show Accent Colour

2. Set different colour themes on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set different colour themes on Windows 11?: I want to personalise my desktops, D1, D2. D1 is for work, D2 is for gaming. But the only thing I can do is change the background, not the theme or cursor. Does Windows 11 have an option for this?...
  3. Set different colour themes on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set different colour themes on Windows 11?: I want to personalise my desktops, D1, D2. D1 is for work, D2 is for gaming. But the only thing I can do is change the background, not the theme or cursor. Does Windows 11 have an option for this?...
  4. Accent colour does not show on Start Menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent colour does not show on Start Menu tiles.: As you can see in the screenshot, the preview at the top of the screen shows the start menu should have a grey background with blue accented tiles. However, the accent colour does not show on the start menu tiles, instead everything is grey,I have tried all combinations of...
  5. show accent colour on following surface in not working

show accent colour on following surface in not working: lately, I have facing an issue that windows taskbar colour become a still not changeable Please let me how to make it the right way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-accent-colour-on-following-surface-in-not/07803d24-603e-45e3-b9f3-3ed98dcd07c7
  6. Windows Accent Colour

Windows Accent Colour: I have been trying for days to change my windows accent and taskbar colour in personalization to a custom colour #E09EBB but everytime I change it, it would just revert back to the default grey/blackish colour of the dark mode. I have tried disabling the theme syncs but to no...
  7. Accent colour disabling

Accent colour disabling: Just downloaded the new Bing Wallpaper app, and it changed my accent colour settings to a bright gold colour. I can't find a way to change it back to the default lack of accent colour that I've gotten used to for the past 4 years of using this computer. Is there a fix, or is...
  8. Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar

Changing Theme reverts to Light Colour taskbar: version 1903 (18362.10006). After upgrading to this version, when changing theme, it defaults colour to "Light" . It used to be "Custom" with Windows Mode "Dark" or whatever my preference was. But now it does not keep this when I change the theme....
  9. Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...: Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-bug-show-the-accent-colour-on-the/fea9c153-569c-44ab-aeed-2e50541cbb5b
  10. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change taskbar color white