Windows 10: Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

Discus and support Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; show account details such as email on the sign-in screen not showing. I have toggled that feature off and on in my account setting on my pc, and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OPOKUKODUAH, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

show account details such as email on the sign-in screen not showing. I have toggled that feature off and on in my account setting on my pc, and rebooted the pc but still not working. Any solution, please?

:)

OPOKUKODUAH, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Girish M Win User

The Windows 10 sign-in screen no longer shows my accounts’ email addresses

Hi,

To improve customer privacy, the Anniversary Update introduces a new option in Settings to either hide or show their email address at the sign-in screen.
    In order to protect our customer’s privacy concerns, the default setting for this option is toggled off, which keeps the email address hidden.

You can toggle this setting to show or hide your email address by going to
    Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. If you want to display your email address, under “Privacy”, toggle the
    Show account details (e.g. email address) on sign-in screen setting to ON.

If you’re stuck on the sign-in screen and can’t tell which email address you are being asked to provide the password for, you can use the Recovery Console to determine which account is which.
    (Note: The following steps will not work if you have Bitlocker installed.)
    To do this:

1. From the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
    Power > Restart.
    If you don't have a keyboard connected to your device (e.g. tablet), you'll need to use the on-screen touch keyboard to do this. From the Windows sign-in screen, select
    Ease of access icon in the lower-left corner, and select
    On-Screen Keyboard

2. After your PC restarts to the
    Choose an option
    screen, select Troubleshoot >
    Advanced Option > Command Prompt.

3. Your device will restart again and the OEM or Windows logo will appear while Windows prepares the Command Prompt.

4. The Command Prompt screen will ask for you to choose an account to continue.
    (Only administrator accounts will appear on this screen.)

5. Choose an account, and the email address will appear below the user name and you will be prompted for the password.
    Once you are signed into your account, you can go to Settings, and toggle the sign-in option to show email addresses, as described earlier.

Girish M, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Teokute Win User

Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

1. Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing - Similar Threads - Show account details

2. Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing: show account details such as email on the sign-in screen not showing. I have toggled that feature off and on in my account setting on my pc, and rebooted the pc but still not working. Any solution, please?...
  3. Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show account details such as email on sign-in screen not showing: show account details such as email on the sign-in screen not showing. I have toggled that feature off and on in my account setting on my pc, and rebooted the pc but still not working. Any solution, please?...
  4. Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird - show detailed status on lock screen: Hi,is it even possible to display detailed status notifications on the lock screen from thunderbird and other apps like google chrome?I have only Xbox Console available....
  5. No users showing on sign in screen

No users showing on sign in screen: I am on the sign in screen and there's no users to change to the one I am on when I try to log into it it says user profile service failed to sign in. To fix it I need to go into aadvanced startup but there's no power option in the bottom right corner and when I try to switch...
  6. Accounts not showing on sign-in screen

Accounts not showing on sign-in screen: I was trying to log in to my account with my pin, but it said "credentials could not be verified.", and it wouldn't let me log in to that account anymore. I restarted the pc, and then every account on the pc except the admin account wasn't showing up. I logged in to the admin...
  7. Accounts not showing on sign-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accounts not showing on sign-in screen: I was trying to log in to my account with my pin, but it said "credentials could not be verified.", and it wouldn't let me log in to that account anymore. I restarted the pc, and then every account on the pc except the admin account wasn't showing up. I logged in to the admin...
  8. Accounts not showing on sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows "sign in" screen not showing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows "sign in" screen not showing.: Hi, Is there a group policy or setting that disables the logon "sign in" screen after boot? I get automatically signed in without the "sign in" screen before I used to have it even if the logon password was not set. When I press win+L - screen lock is there, thought. 89287
  10. Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Your Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, email addresses of Microsoft accounts are now hidden by default on the sign-in screen. This...