Windows 10: "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

Discus and support "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs. However, following the latest update, that function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinKamo, Nov 20, 2020.

1. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs.

However, following the latest update, that function is removed.

From now on, the "All Apps" section is always collapsed.

The option "Show apps list in start menu" has been completely deleted.

How do I get this option back?

"Show all apps by default" removed from start menu? 38dcbc00-d237-449c-98a4-5e79fe96eff2?upload=true.png

:)

MartinKamo, Nov 20, 2020

2. Start Menu default showing all apps?

When installed the AU on one of my PCs I decided I's better take a screen capture of what I consider a good start menu from another PC.]
    "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu? [​IMG]

For me, the expanded App list creates useless clutter.

pokeefe0001, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Yvonne Win User
    Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Nov 20, 2020
  4. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

Start Menu default showing all apps?

I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this:

"Show all apps by default" removed from start menu? [​IMG]

I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one.

http://home.bt.com/images/windows-10...0929103327.jpg

How do I change it? Its really bugging me.

sleepingjoker, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

"Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

1. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu? - Similar Threads - Show apps default

2. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  3. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  4. Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?

Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?: I don't like having to open folders when trying to find a program from the start menu; all I want is an alphabetised list of every program on my PC. I tried moving everything from the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder out of that folder, however...
  5. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  6. Remove all groups from start menu

Remove all groups from start menu: I have limited space on my start menu and would like to take up all of it with icons. I do not need nor want to group the icons and create blank space between them. I want to use that space. But it seems impossible to have no groups or just one. Whenever I try to get all the...
  7. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  8. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  9. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....