Windows 10: "Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?

Discus and support "Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH]For the first time, in an Open File dialog, when viewing the contents of a folder, I'm seeing only someof the files, followed by the prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Doug8823, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Doug8823 Win User

"Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?

"Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default? a32b8e15-3a69-41da-b5ea-f5ea0b3567e0?upload=true.png For the first time, in an Open File dialog, when viewing the contents of a folder, I'm seeing only someof the files, followed by the prompt "Show all 6?" see image

I have never seen this before. If I don't notice or remember to click on it, I may miss opening and using the version of the file I need, which is the latest version! How do I get rid of this behavior and by default, show ALL files in the folder?

:)

Doug8823, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see files and folders under the Quick access section.

The Quick access section will show all the recent files accessed under the recent files section and the most recent folder on the left pane.

As per the screenshot provided by you, I can see that the options are already checked. I suggest you to click on the
    Restore Defaults button to restore the settings back to default and check if that helps.

You can also create a new user account and check if the options are working. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Also, I suggest you to run DISM command to check for system file corruptions and repair them. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run DISM scan:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and press Enter.
    4. Restart the PC.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 24, 2020
  3. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Mar 24, 2020
  4. "Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?

steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

"Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?

1. "Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default? - Similar Threads - Show files prompt

2. How to show all files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show all files in File Explorer: I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the Internet? 174408
  3. All Results is not showing all results

in Cortana
    All Results is not showing all results: Is this expected behavior? Using windows search some search terms return results for the Documents tab but not in the All tab Below you will see when I search 'Acuna', All is returning no results, but when I click to Documents I get results. I see that the search term...
  4. Storage settings not showing all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage settings not showing all files: The storage settings show I have 15 GB in temporary files, [ATTACH] however when I click on this it doesn't show what is taking up all that space [ATTACH] The same goes for apps, it says I have 50 GB of apps but the only big apps I have are Photoshop and a few other Adobe...
  5. New System not showing all drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New System not showing all drives: Besides the nvme windows boot drive, I have 3 more drives installed- nvme, ssd and mechanical- that are not showing. I want to download programs onto them...I unpluged them to install windows, then reconnected and restarted. Using ASUS Crossfire Formula viii motherboard....
  6. Downloads folder not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder not showing all files: I just noticed that my downloads folder seemed to have less files in it then when I remembered. Currently I can only see 800 files but when I check the properties it says there are 4000 files which makes a lot more sense. I have show hidden files on enabled and everything...
  7. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  8. Show all files by default when uploading from WinX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show all files by default when uploading from WinX: Basically, I'd like to view all files in a directory, not only the preselected. Currently, we have the option to select between "customized files" or "all files" from the drop-down in the lower-right corner of WinX (windows explorer). Ideally, the "all files" option will...
  9. Onedrive not showing all files on new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not showing all files on new computer: my old computer shows 246 files on my onedrive and my new computer is only showing 139. There are files missing when I look for them. How do I get all of them to sync to my new computer?...
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....