Windows 10: Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder

Discus and support Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer \ View \ Options \ View \ Navigation Pane \ Show All Folders setting make the Navigation Pane behave alike if the Expand To Open Folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ilia48rus, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Ilia48rus Win User

Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder

File Explorer \ View \ Options \ View \ Navigation Pane \ Show All Folders

setting make the Navigation Pane behave alike if the Expand To Open Folder setting would be enabled:

Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder 57554527-f67f-4c9f-a8f4-d6d8f5062b2c?upload=true.png .

:)

Ilia48rus, Aug 30, 2019

2. File Explorer navigation pane sometimes expands to show all folders and sometimes consolidates shows only the selected folder

Both the folders that expand fully and those that partially expand have exactly the same settings, which are as you suggested, so this didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Bruce Needham, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Expanding folders in file explorer

Hi,

In answer to your query, yes, there's an option to change the Folder View Options of your File Explorer. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click File tab.
    • Select Change folder and search options.
    • Click View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Navigation pane.
    • Check Expand to open folder, Show all folders, and
      Show libraries.

You can also check all the options, and set it up the way you wanted.

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder

File Explorer navigation pane sometimes expands to show all folders and sometimes consolidates shows only the selected folder

Hi Bruce,

I just want to verify if what you want to establish is to set the navigation pane to display the major folder and expand the consolidated list of sub-folders when you select or click a single folder in the File Explorer main page? If so, please follow the
    steps below:

• Launch File Explorer, then click View on the top.
    • On the right pane, click Options > Change folder and search options.
    • On the Folder options > General tab, make sure the Open each folder in the same window is selected.
    • Click Apply.
    • On the same Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Navigation pane and tick
      Expand to open folder.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, close File Explorer and relaunch it. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

"If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to mark it as answer

to help those who are facing the same problem."

Vanessa Yar, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder

1. Show All Folders setting for a File Explorer 's Navigation Pane make it expand to open folder - Similar Threads - Show Folders setting

2. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  3. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  4. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.: Hi,I have tried all the options from this linkhttps://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-expand-folder-in-navigation-pane-of-file-explorer-in-windows-11.2544/If I open my File Explorer through Windows, it works correctly it doesn't expand .However if I open my File Explorer...
  6. Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable Expand Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer.: Hi,I have tried all the options from this linkhttps://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-expand-folder-in-navigation-pane-of-file-explorer-in-windows-11.2544/If I open my File Explorer through Windows, it works correctly it doesn't expand .However if I open my File Explorer...
  7. Navigation pane keeps expanding folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Navigation pane keeps expanding folders: I have noticed that lately, the navigation pane has been expanding folders when opening them. That option is disabled in folder view settings. https://i.imgur.com/FcNSf9i.png https://i.imgur.com/Ext1HJd.png Noticed it on two separate computers. Its really annoying, any...
  8. Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Make Explorer Navigation Pane expand to open folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you click on the File Explorer icon in Windows 10, it displays a navigation folder on the left, and Quick Access details on the right. If you notice, the folders list in the navigation pane does not list all [...] This post Make Explorer Navigation Pane...
  9. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  10. Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane - Will Not Expand to Open Folder: Like the title says, I cannot get the navigation pane to expand to the currently open folder right now on one of my machines, it stays stuck on either Desktop or Quick Access. And mainly when navigating one of the virtual folders, like "My Documents". I think I need to go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make file explorer show all open folders

2. nu vot

3. how to navigate all folders opened