Windows 10: Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane

Discus and support Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to show all the local disks on the left like with the removable drive. Tried searching but didn't see anything. Would like it above D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarkRookie, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane

Is there a way to show all the local disks on the left like with the removable drive.
    Tried searching but didn't see anything.
    Would like it above D: in the pictures.

:)

DarkRookie, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Dragane Win User

Local drive not showing in navigation pane

Any clue why one of my local drives doesn't show in navigation pane?

Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane [​IMG]

Dragane, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Local drive not showing in navigation pane

Hi @Dragane, welcome to tenforums.com! Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane :)

Expand "This PC", it should reside there.

Edwin, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane

1. Show All Local Disks In The Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Show Local Disks

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Some navigation pane items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some navigation pane items not showing: Hi! I wanted to get rid of the quick access icon and have all my icons laying under the desktop icon instead. I tried using winaero tweaker to pin all the shell location I needed there. Thing is, every folder I pinned got duplicated for some reason.How can I get those folders...
  5. Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing: I have created a number of new sub-folders: R144,R145,R146,R147,R148,R149,R150,R151,R152,R153,R154,R155,R156,R158,R159 They sometimes appear in the preview pane, but not in the naviagation pane. I know they are there, because if I choose the folder, e.g. ..\R151, it will...
  6. Show local disk C: as "expandable and collapsible" On navigation pane in file explorer in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show local disk C: as "expandable and collapsible" On navigation pane in file explorer in...: Hey! I'd like to display my local disk C: as an "expandable and collapsible" drive on the navigation pane in file explorer in Windows 10. Is this possible? [ATTACH]...
  7. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  8. Local drive not showing in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local drive not showing in navigation pane: Any clue why one of my local drives doesn't show in navigation pane? [img] 48156
  9. Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane: How to: Turn On or Off Show all folders in Windows 10 Navigation Pane [img] Information You can use the navigation pane (the left pane) in File Explorer to find files and folders on your PC. If you like, you can select to show all the folders on your PC in the...
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add local disks to navigation pane