Windows 10: show app notification greyed out

Discus and support show app notification greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer! 25822 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenspring5, Oct 9, 2015.

1. show app notification greyed out

Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer!

:)

kenspring5, Oct 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Photo App.

Hi PA Bear,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I already had the slider turned off for the photo app.

If i turn the slider off for 'Get notifications from apps and other senders', It greys out all the app sliders.

Does this mean I will get no notifications for any that are greyed out?

I clicked the Photo app entry in the notifications list and the notifications slider was off but, the slider for show notification banners was turned on and greyed out so I changed this to off and that has seemed to work.

Thank you for your time.

hAlCoMpUtEr, Oct 9, 2015
  3. steveb6 Win User
    action center notifications not working

I can open action center but do not receive any messages. Also does not show available wifi when I click on it. When I check in settings it shows tips about windows is on but shows app notifications is grey and cannot choose on or off and shows notifications
    from these app is also greyed out.

steveb6, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

show app notification greyed out

1. show app notification greyed out - Similar Threads - show app notification

2. Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications Greyed Out Problem - Notifications don't work: This was a question on this site last year. Why is it still a problem? Why does Microsoft set these defaults and then not make it possible for the owner to change them? Unless you are techie enough to feels safe editing registry files? Why should a home user be required...
  3. INSTALL greyed out for apps I own

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    INSTALL greyed out for apps I own: I have a Surface Pro and just bought a Surface Book. I'm trying to install Windows 10 apps I already own (Nebo and Alexa, for instance). It says I already own these but they're not installed and the INSTALL button is greyed out. Anybody know how I get these to install? Huge...
  4. Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out: I purchased Minecraft last year and I recently attempted to install it on my PC. On the Minecraft page, the box shows free, but its greyed out. It's been like this for several months now. WSRESET.exe doesn't work and the powershell execution policy trick doesn't work...
  5. Store app greyed out, doesn't start

Store app greyed out, doesn't start: Hey guys, I've a problem and need some help . [img] I was using store and updating both Store and Share.it apps, the update seems to be stuck for some time it was taking long time than usual. Then suddenly store app was closed and don't open any more !! (in the...
  6. Show app notification grey button (disable)

Show app notification grey button (disable): Hi, i have recently updated to windows 10 and i have the same problem that i had in windows 8. I've never been able to solve it. The option "show app notification" is disabled and i have the message "Some setting are managed by your organization". Attached you can find a...
  7. 'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    'Show most used apps' toggle in Settings is greyed out: I'm not sure what happened. I've always left this setting on. Just recently I noticed my 'most used' programs in the Start Menu was no longer showing. I went into the settings and saw that the toggle was greyed out. [img] Any idea how to get the toggle back?...
  8. New apps will save to: Greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    New apps will save to: Greyed out: For some reason the option to save new apps to my 2nd drive is greyed out however I can save documents, music, pictures and videos there. Ive reset windows to a fresh install, reformatted the drive. Rebooted a ton of times and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas? [img]...
  9. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out: Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here): Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  10. "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions

in Windows 10 Support
    "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions: Hi. I am trying to configure action centre in Windows 10 but "show app notifications" is greyed out. It also says, "Some settings are managed by your organisation" but this is a personal laptop. Does anyone know how to change this please? I've added a screen shot....