Windows 10: "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions

Discus and support "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to configure action centre in Windows 10 but "show app notifications" is greyed out. It also says, "Some settings are managed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Greenbriar52, Aug 18, 2015.

1. "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions

Hi. I am trying to configure action centre in Windows 10 but "show app notifications" is greyed out.

It also says, "Some settings are managed by your organisation" but this is a personal laptop.

Does anyone know how to change this please? I've added a screen shot.

Thanks

David B

:)

Greenbriar52, Aug 18, 2015
  2. edreded Win User

Split Action Center notifications by Accounts in Outlook/Email for Windows 10 and Mobile

That would be the obvious answer ,except on my Win10 phone that option is now greyed out and cannot be toggled to "On".

Any other solutions to this retrograde step by Microsoft. I used to have separate tile and notification for my 2nd email account, but that had now gone. Really Really annoying.

Ed

edreded, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Jaesohn Win User
    Jaesohn, Aug 18, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

"show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions

Hi and welcome to the forum *Smile

On your screenshot, at the top, in red, it says "Some settings are managed by your organisation"

This could indicate that there is a policy re notifications within the Group Policies set by you or your company. (via gpedit)

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
  5. ==============
    Hi, many thanks for your reply, but as I said in my original post this is a personal laptop and not a company one. Could you explain Group Policies please? I suspect as I don't know what one is I won't have set a policy in there "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions :)
    Thanks again.

David B

Greenbriar52, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions

1. "show app notifications" greyed out in Notifications and Actions - Similar Threads - show app notifications

2. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out: I keep receiving random notifications.Under Settings - Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these app, many are turned to "ON" and there is no way that can be changed to "OFF" - what is the solution to this. See attached screeshot.I require no notifications...
  3. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out: I keep receiving random notifications.Under Settings - Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these app, many are turned to "ON" and there is no way that can be changed to "OFF" - what is the solution to this. See attached screeshot.I require no notifications...
  4. Notifications and Actions - Get Notifications from these apps - greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center: The app which is greyed out isn't on my system. Yet it shows in the notifications and actions center. I can't do anything to it since it's grey. I have tried re installing and uninstalling. Nothing worked....
  6. A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center: The app which is greyed out isn't on my system. Yet it shows in the notifications and actions center. I can't do anything to it since it's grey. I have tried re installing and uninstalling. Nothing worked....
  7. A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center

8. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  9. greyed options in Action Center, Notifications

greyed options in Action Center, Notifications: Trying to STOP receiving email notifications in action center. Options are greyed out under 'notifications from senders' so am unable to disable any....
  10. show app notification greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    show app notification greyed out: Why is my show app notification greyed out? I see that my organization is "workgroup". This is my personal computer! 25822

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 notifications & actions greyed out