Windows 10: Show Apps in Dock While They're Opening?

Discus and support Show Apps in Dock While They're Opening? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm coming from macOS Catalina, where when you click an app to open it, the app appears in the dock and bounces until it opens. Is there a way to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/g8orj, Aug 3, 2020.

1. /u/g8orj Win User

Show Apps in Dock While They're Opening?

I'm coming from macOS Catalina, where when you click an app to open it, the app appears in the dock and bounces until it opens. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 Pro?

Right now, when I click an app to open it, it doesn't appear in the dock until its window appears. This leads to awkward moments where I wait a solid minute for an app to open, but didn't actually properly click to open it. If I more aggressively reopen apps that don't open with expected speed, I get multiple instances of the app.

submitted by /u/g8orj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/g8orj, Aug 3, 2020

2. People App in Windows 10 is not showing me my contacts if they're linked to a skype account

Thank you for the info, this is a huge mess indeed, the big problem for me here is that:

• Profile pictures are not showing facebook pictures (but that's only for design)
    • And that ai DO have outlook contacts that are not showing in people app for windows 10... they're linked to a facebook account, to a skyoe account, etc etc etc... but the outlook contact EXIST, and people app is not showing me those contacts because they're
      linked to other accounts

AlexisAguiñaga, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    HDD Docking

Hi Tonyo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?

The computer docking connections located on the bottom of the computer vary between computer models. For the docking station to work properly, the docking posts, eject mechanisms, and electrical connections on the docking station must be compatible
    with the connections on your computer model.

Meanwhile, if the docking station is compatible, you may update the device drivers for your docking station and check if it works.

Update device drivers for docking station:

• Open the PC manufacturer support Web site, search for the
      Docking Station Driver for your PC model.
    • Install the driver suggested and check.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS and try connecting the Docking Station again.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 3, 2020
  4. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Show Apps in Dock While They're Opening? - Similar Threads - Show Apps Dock

2. I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with": It's not really crucial, but it can lead to misunderstandings. I uninstalled the programs, so I figured other files relevant to it are also wiped. I deleted the folder from Program Files too, but still it shows up like this. It shows without an icon though. Any tips? Thanks...
  3. I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with": It's not really crucial, but it can lead to misunderstandings. I uninstalled the programs, so I figured other files relevant to it are also wiped. I deleted the folder from Program Files too, but still it shows up like this. It shows without an icon though. Any tips? Thanks...
  4. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU usage while docking: So, I have a Lenovo with Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 23GB memory and whenever I connect a dock to use two external monitors Icy Box/DisplayLink I get peaks of CPU use, actually, it stays at 100% until I disconnect the dock. I searched for...
  5. 100% CPU usage while docking

100% CPU usage while docking: So, I have a Lenovo with Windows 10, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 23GB memory and whenever I connect a dock to use two external monitors Icy Box/DisplayLink I get peaks of CPU use, actually, it stays at 100% until I disconnect the dock. I searched for...
  6. 100% CPU usage while docking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. KernelBase.dll showing several issues while opening apps

in Windows 10 Support
    KernelBase.dll showing several issues while opening apps: It seems that within the latest update. The update on which I am in (shown later in this post), has been throwing frequent errors on corrupted system files and the likes, I have already ran: Code: sfc /scannow Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth These have...
  8. Background gets stuck when I open my laptop while docked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background gets stuck when I open my laptop while docked.: I have 3 monitors open at the same time, when I lock my laptop my left screen will flash on and off without the monitor turning on and off, the only way to fix this is to open my laptop then close it, then restart the Docking station, but when I do that, my background gets...
  9. Docking a Windows App to the Taskbar just opens This PC instead of the app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking a Windows App to the Taskbar just opens This PC instead of the app: Right-clicking it does give me a menu, but actually clicking on the PC icon there only brings up This PC. What could be the reason for that? https://i.imgur.com/6e6XxeQ.png I am running Fences, Start10, and DisplayFusion as well. This is Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit...
  10. Applications crash and stop responding as soon as they're opened

Applications crash and stop responding as soon as they're opened: Hello. I've had a problem with my Lenovo laptop since last week. Every time I try to open an application, excluding the default applications by Windows, they crash as soon as the app opens, and I get a "has stopped working" popup. I've erased potential viruses with Windows...