Windows 10: 'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix?

Discus and support 'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was away at a conference this weekend...I wanted to connect to the hotel Wifi to do some work. Click on the wifi icon...and nothing would happen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A.FARR, Dec 10, 2018.

1. A.FARR Win User

'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix?

I was away at a conference this weekend...I wanted to connect to the hotel Wifi to do some work. Click on the wifi icon...and nothing would happen. Click on anything to do with Wifi and nothing would happen. (The wifi is on...to be safe, I turned it on and off a couple of times to ensure that wasn't the issue). Click on manage know networks...same thing..nothing at all. Troubleshooter doesn't recognize any wifi (tells me to plug in an ethernet cable).

I asked this question on another board, and was directed to open a command line prompt and type in netsh wlan show all and it easily listed all nearby wifi access.

I manually entered my cell phone as a wifi hotspot and was able to connect. ****The WIFI is apparently working, just the software? is the problem****

I turned off and on radio management services.

I ran a windows repair program (tweaking.com) to no avail.

Updated Windows when I got home (same problem, and I had to manually connect to my home Wifi).

At some point, I was actually able to get the black box crop up that would normally display the nearby wifi connections...and the blue dots would go across the top..then the box would disappear completely and nothing would happen.

Thanks for any help!

Windows 10 on an HP Laptop I've had for years. Originally Win 7. As far as I know this is the first time it hasn't connected. Last time I took it somewhere, there was no problem (would have been mid summer at another conference and I'd have used it in the hotel room also). Not sure of updates since then...I use it at home too, and it didn't have a problem...but might have stayed connected to the home wifi.

:)

A.FARR, Dec 10, 2018
  2. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Dec 10, 2018
  3. pewe Win User
    Wifi Networks not showing

On my Laptop if I wanted to change the wifi connection I would always see a list of the available networks when I selected the Wifi icon on the task bar.
    Since the last major update to Windows 10 I find that when I select the wifi icon I only see the current connection

'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix? [​IMG]

To see other networks within range I have to open the 'Network settings' and choose 'Show available networks' - then they show up.

'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix? [​IMG]

Does anyone have any explanation for this - or possibly a 'fix' to show them all from the taskbar again.

4. 'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix?

Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix?

1. 'Show Available Networks' doesn't work....Wifi works...any fix? - Similar Threads - 'Show Available Networks'

2. Wifi network adapter is not working, any fixes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter is not working, any fixes?: the network adapter IntelR Wi-Fi 6 says "This device cannot start. Code 10" followed by "{Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful"earlier this day I was able to use it just fine but all of a sudden I lost wifi, tried resetting it, didn't work, tried...
  3. Wifi network adapter is not working, any fixes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter is not working, any fixes?: the network adapter IntelR Wi-Fi 6 says "This device cannot start. Code 10" followed by "{Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful"earlier this day I was able to use it just fine but all of a sudden I lost wifi, tried resetting it, didn't work, tried...
  4. Wifi network adapter is not working, any fixes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Show available Network" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show available Network" doesn't work: We got a new router for a replacement of our old one. My laptop needed a new network since we have a new router. However when I to click on "Show available Network", there's no response or nothing happens.I tried restarting my PC but to no success can anyone help?...
  6. "Show available Network" doesn't work

"Show available Network" doesn't work: We got a new router for a replacement of our old one. My laptop needed a new network since we have a new router. However when I to click on "Show available Network", there's no response or nothing happens.I tried restarting my PC but to no success can anyone help?...
  7. "Show available Network" doesn't work

8. Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks

Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks: The Wi-Fi in my laptop isn't working: the Wi-Fi icon in the Taskbar is gone, and there aren't any available networks show when I open Network Status, but when I run "netsh wlan show networks" in cmd, I can see all the available networks. I'd really appreciate it if someone...
  9. Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks: The Wi-Fi in my laptop isn't working: the Wi-Fi icon in the Taskbar is gone, and there aren't any available networks show when I open Network Status, but when I run "netsh wlan show networks" in cmd, I can see all the available networks. I'd really appreciate it if someone...
  10. Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi available networks doesnt show

2. why doesnt cmd work on some wlan networks

3. windows 10 realtek show avalable networks wlan show networks works

4. show available networks