Windows 10: "Show Available Networks" not working on Windows 10

Discus and support "Show Available Networks" not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im currently running on Windows 10 V1803 (OS Build 17134.48) and my computer has issues with “Show Available Networks” not working when I try to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenjiS1, Aug 5, 2018.

1. BenjiS1 Win User

"Show Available Networks" not working on Windows 10

Im currently running on Windows 10 V1803 (OS Build 17134.48) and my computer has issues with “Show Available Networks” not working when I try to find a Wifi network. This is completely absurd and stupid because not a single solution on this website regarding the issue has worked. I have noticed that so many other people have had this problem and complained about it on the Microsoft forums and the tech agents have not been able to provide a working solution. I believe that this issue, as well as the sleep mode no longer properly working, can be pinpointed to a certain large update (as others have mentioned in older forum posts) that occurred in 2017, however I have no way of knowing which one it is in the version history. I also believe that the only way to fix it will be to update my system, but I CANT DO THAT because I cannot establish a wifi connection! I have tried updating wifi drivers, troubleshooting, deleting any programs that may interfere with the settings, command prompt commands, etc. This is extremely frustrating, but please understand where I’m coming from because this is a problem on behalf of Windows’ and their softward updates, yet the tech support tries to “isolate the solution” by questioning you whether or not you have misconfigured your computer. Thank you.

:)

BenjiS1, Aug 5, 2018

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing

My list of available wifi networks has suddenly stopped showing in windows 10. The list of networks is not showing when I click the system wifi icon in the notification bar. The list of networks does not show using 'show available networks' in Windows
    Settings. Windows Settings will crash if I go to the WiFi page and select 'Manage Known Networks'.

I am connected to the internet using my normal WiFi. I created a wlan report. It seems to show that the wlan is working fine. I can list the available networks using the cmd line 'netsh wlan show networks'. They all show up as they should.

So, it appears the hardware is working but some windows module has stopped working and providing the list of available networks.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cyclelegs, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Cyclelegs Win User

Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. "Show Available Networks" not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Available Networks

2. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  3. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not showing as available.: New fibe modem installed. Win 10 laptop is not showing the available network. Other devices can connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-not-showing-as-available/44e4ca68-c7a4-444e-9f29-f87d76235e3f
  4. Network not showing as available.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Show available Network" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Show available Network" doesn't work: We got a new router for a replacement of our old one. My laptop needed a new network since we have a new router. However when I to click on "Show available Network", there's no response or nothing happens.I tried restarting my PC but to no success can anyone help?...
  6. "Show available Network" doesn't work

"Show available Network" doesn't work: We got a new router for a replacement of our old one. My laptop needed a new network since we have a new router. However when I to click on "Show available Network", there's no response or nothing happens.I tried restarting my PC but to no success can anyone help?...
  7. "Show available Network" doesn't work

8. Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks

Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks: The Wi-Fi in my laptop isn't working: the Wi-Fi icon in the Taskbar is gone, and there aren't any available networks show when I open Network Status, but when I run "netsh wlan show networks" in cmd, I can see all the available networks. I'd really appreciate it if someone...
  9. Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks

Wifi not working, but cmd shows available networks: The Wi-Fi in my laptop isn't working: the Wi-Fi icon in the Taskbar is gone, and there aren't any available networks show when I open Network Status, but when I run "netsh wlan show networks" in cmd, I can see all the available networks. I'd really appreciate it if someone...
  10. Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10

Available WiFi networks not showing in Windows 10: Please someone help. When I click on the wifi icon in the taskbar, it shows up only saying network and internet settings and nothing else. I am not able to connect and even see any wifi wifi nenetworks. When I go to the settings and click on available wifi networks it shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. available networks wifi

2. show available networks

3. show available networks windows 10

4. windows 10 not showing available networks,
  5. how to show available networks,
  6. show all available networks,
  7. windows 10 wont list known networks,
  8. showavailablenetwork,
  9. show available networks not working,
  10. show available networks does not work,
  11. available networks not showing windows 10,