Windows 10: Show borders all around each window

Discus and support Show borders all around each window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Is there a way to show the border all the way around windows? For example, since using Office 2013 I notice there is no solid edge to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark-Blood, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Show borders all around each window

Hello

Is there a way to show the border all the way around windows? For example, since using Office 2013 I notice there is no solid edge to the windows Word is impossible to tell apart from other windows, same for Teams. As there is no edge there is no distinction between the boundary between applications. Check out the bottom of Teams as it appears over Google Chrome below:

Show borders all around each window 2bde36e8-36c7-4cb6-b71e-41b9ec0df7d0?upload=true.jpg

Selecting the correct window first time can become tricky when there is no distinction between applications. Is there a way to force Windows to draw a border when one is not shown?

Thank you.

:)

Mark-Blood, Mar 24, 2020

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Show borders all around each window

Smeed, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Show borders all around each window

1. Show borders all around each window - Similar Threads - Show borders around

2. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The borders around all windows are too small.: The borders around all windows are too small. Old windows like 7 used to have resizers for everything. It was a dis-service to remove all of that! Is there any way to expand the borders of windows in win 10? They are like 1 pixel wide! I can hardly grab a window border....
  3. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The borders around all windows are too small.: The borders around all windows are too small. Old windows like 7 used to have resizers for everything. It was a dis-service to remove all of that! Is there any way to expand the borders of windows in win 10? They are like 1 pixel wide! I can hardly grab a window border....
  4. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  6. border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    border around active window: I have been working on this for two days now. I upgraded from w7pro to w10pro. As soon as I did I am left with a one inch border around my screen. I have tried various settings and troubleshoots and can not get rid of the border. Last resort is changing the registry...
  7. Border around my Chrome window

Border around my Chrome window: Hello, I recently noticed that there's this green border around my Google Chrome window but it's not on all 4 sides, just the top. Since my color theme is green, the line border is green so I'm guessing it has something to do with my theme? I'm confused since I currently...
  8. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  9. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499