Windows 10: Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations

Discus and support Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to specify a half dozen or so "common" users on an Azure AD connected and managed workstation that would be able to login by clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRydad, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations

Is it possible to specify a half dozen or so "common" users on an Azure AD connected and managed workstation that would be able to login by clicking on their name (and then entering their password) on the lock screen/switch user menu? (i.e. instead of typing their full username and password, just having their username already ready to go)

Basically, I would like for it to work like Windows 10 Home/non-AD connected workstations where all of the users of that workstation are enumerated explicitly on the lock screen.

Thanks for any guidance anyone out there has.

-rd

submitted by /u/TheRydad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRydad, Dec 1, 2020
  2. js0873 Win User

Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations

I have a series of laptops running W10 Professional that will be running in our different A/V rooms, and these laptops are on our domain. For security reasons I’ll want anyone using them to log on with their own domain userid, not a common one for each room. When they log on I want them to have a common desktop set of icons and other parameters to be set for that location as well, but I’m not sure how to do all that so I’m looking for some help. Here’s things I’d like to have:

• As I mentioned, they should have the same set of desktop icons. I assume I can put those in in the default user profile. Edge, though, pops up regardless and it’s not in there.
    • I want them all to have the same logon timeout from inactivity, 15 minutes.
    • I want to have the text enlarged to a common percentage, as much as 175%, so that it’s easy to read in the A/V room, but what I’m finding is that the text zoom percentage is at the individual user level, not the all user level, so I don’t know how to set that up as a default.
    • We use Office 2013 and I’d like that preconfigured for folks vs. going through a first time setup the first time they log in to the machine. Is that possible?
    Any ideas on those, or how do other folks handle common workstation locations and user logins?

js0873, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Labsyboy Win User
    How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

Hi,

customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner:

- <Last loged in user>

- Other user

Is it possible somehow to edit and set the list of usernames displayed there, to be, for example, list of 4 specific users?

Labsyboy, Dec 1, 2020
  4. ATIonion Win User

Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations

1. Show "common" users on login screen in Windows 10 pro/AD connected workstations - Similar Threads - Show common users

2. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation: Hi, my current laptop has windows 10 HomeI was about to buy windows 10 pro workstation for itbut then came the question, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 pro workstation in future if i buy it, I mean for free, or will it cost me extra? at the same time, will the key...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Workstation to 11 Pro Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen: I only want last signed in user, but not all users who has signed in to the system.If i do Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in i wont see any user.But i want only Last Signed user to be displayed in Login Screen....
  6. All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen: I only want last signed in user, but not all users who has signed in to the system.If i do Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in i wont see any user.But i want only Last Signed user to be displayed in Login Screen....
  7. All AD Joined user list showing in Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not showing windows 10 user login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not showing windows 10 user login screen: Windows 10 user login screen is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-windows-10-user-login-screen/75908a1f-a475-46c0-8412-1f7f30d7f306
  9. Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Configuring User Logins At Common Workstation Locations: I have a series of laptops running W10 Professional that will be running in our different A/V rooms, and these laptops are on our domain. For security reasons I’ll want anyone using them to log on with their own domain userid, not a common one for each room. When they log on...
  10. User Logins on Common Workstation Locations Configuring

in Windows 10 Support
    User Logins on Common Workstation Locations Configuring: I have a series of laptops running W10 Professional that will be running in our different A/V rooms, and these laptops are on our domain. For security reasons I’ll want anyone using them to log on with their own domain userid, not a common one for each room. When they log on...