Windows 10: Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Put an ampersand '&' in front of the P in the shortcut filename e.g. "Control &Panel" in %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2. Restart explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

Hello NumbNuts, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Thank you. Tutorial updated to include this now for the Control Panel item.

Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  2. Hawklight Win User

Thanks for that NumbNuts it worked a treat for Control Panel. *Smile

Hawklight, Aug 7, 2017
  3. oneLess Win User
    If exist a list of shortcuts for default win-x entries
    (like custom [win-x + c] for control panel in 1703)
    would be nice to see it here.

the letters are not underlined in win-x menu.

c

oneLess, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello C, *Smile

Screenshot of Win+X added to the examples at the top of the tutorial to help.

You normally won't see the underlined letters for the shortcut keys unless you press the Win+X keys to open the menu.

Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  5. ragaman Win User
    If the object is to get to Control Panel quickly, Win + Pause/Break followed by the Back key is good. If the Break key is separate or absent, it will normally then be the Pause key itself instead. Of course on many laptops to engage the Pause key pressing Fn is necessary.

So that's (at worst): Win + Fn + Pause, then Back.

Scarcely more complicated than: Win + X, then P (though use of the Back key makes the former seem oddly indirect).

ragaman, Aug 9, 2017
  6. oneLess Win User
    if you want a more simplified mode
    you can use by example
    [Win + X, then X]
    if you only rename the .lnk filename from [Control &Panel] to [Control Panel e&X]

c

oneLess, Aug 9, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Control Panel

2. Windows 10 Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Control Panel Settings: Windows 10 is really annoying me right now, I need to make my standard user account into a administrative account however whenever I go on the control panel or click Windows Image+ R combination on my keyboard it is supposed o give me the option of making changes to my pc as...
  3. control panel not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel not showing: When I press control panel it doesn't open, but the icon on the bottom toolbar shows that it is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-showing/3f5f359b-9c19-4181-8371-c45ed3ae9371
  4. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  5. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  6. Windows 10 suddenly shows not activated in control panel but shows activated in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly shows not activated in control panel but shows activated in settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LSDietlemonade [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds23u0/windows_10_suddenly_shows_not_activated_in/
  7. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10: How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE] The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  8. Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  9. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...