Windows 10: Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel and/or Settings on Win+X Menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Control Panel and/or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

Starting with Settings in the Win+X menu.

This tutorial will show you how to show Control Panel and/or Settings on the Win+X Quick Link menu for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Win+X menu showing Control Panel or Settings

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want to show on your Win+X menu.
    Win+X_Control_Panel.zip

Download

OR

Win+X_Settings.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)

5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location you want below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)

Note If you like, you can have both Settings and Control Panel in the Win+X menu, by having say Settings in Group2 and Control Panel in Group1, or Settings in Group1 and Control Panel in Group2 for whatever you want.

(Middle default section in Win+X)
    *Arrow %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2

OR

(Bottom section in Win+X)
    *Arrow %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group1

6. Drag and drop (copy) the 4 - Control Panel shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group1 or Group2 folder you selected in step 5.

7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)

8. Restart explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Oct 9, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

After Creators Update - control panel link missing

Neil,

You could just

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Control Panel vs. Settings?

Mark,

You can add Control panel back to the list - see
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 - TenForums

After you have done this, search TenForums for Start menu and you will find guides ["tutorials"] for many customisations that you can do to the Start menu. You will not be able to do what you want but some of the others might make your life a bit
    easier.

Denis

Tryx3, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Good idea Edwin. The downloaded Settings shortcut from the tutorial works well for me as well copied into the Group1 folder below. *Smile

You could actually use either shortcut in Group1, and leave the other in Group2.

%LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group1

Brink, Oct 9, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Yuppers! Remains working after Restart Explorer, restart PC and a cold boot! *Smile
    Better keep those shortcuts in a safe place, I've got a feeling the modifications won't survive an Update/Upgrade! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 9, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, it'll most likely get reset after any new build. *Sad

Brink, Oct 9, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Disappointing and yes, sometimes a real pain,
    but the upgrades come as close to a clean install as one gets,
    so that users with OS problems can start with a clean slate.

Cliff S, Oct 9, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Voila! *really

Edwin, Oct 13, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    LOL, yeah build 14946 reset it for me as well, and had to do it again.

Brink, Oct 13, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    In 14946, the System and Power Options links now point to new Settings eqivalents BUT only if you clean install or create a new account!

Maybe tutorial needs to be modified for this change?

cereberus, Oct 14, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I only upgrade, only, and they point to the settings app on mine.

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  12. prikker Win User
    Personally I don't mind that it's replaced, because I have them both pinned on the taskbar. I use ClassicShell with the W10 rightclick startmenu option on rightclick.

prikker, Oct 14, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

Well I do mind as I do not like a cluttered taskbar. However in time, Contro Panel is going but a long way away yet.

cereberus, Oct 14, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Totally wrong the above, crap. I thought they did, but thinking gets me in trouble sometimes, excuse me while I go wipe the toe jam away from my teeth after sticking my foot in my mouth*Redface

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello @cereberus,

I'll see about creating new tutorials for these two items. *Smile

Brink, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Control Panel

2. Windows 10 Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Control Panel Settings: Windows 10 is really annoying me right now, I need to make my standard user account into a administrative account however whenever I go on the control panel or click Windows Image+ R combination on my keyboard it is supposed o give me the option of making changes to my pc as...
  3. control panel not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel not showing: When I press control panel it doesn't open, but the icon on the bottom toolbar shows that it is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-not-showing/3f5f359b-9c19-4181-8371-c45ed3ae9371
  4. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  5. Control Panel AND Settings

Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  6. Windows 10 suddenly shows not activated in control panel but shows activated in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly shows not activated in control panel but shows activated in settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LSDietlemonade [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds23u0/windows_10_suddenly_shows_not_activated_in/
  7. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10: How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE] The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  8. Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  9. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win X Menu in Windows 10