Windows 10: Show Desktop Button Being weird.

Discus and support Show Desktop Button Being weird. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have this problem with windows at the moment. I originally have my windows apps on full screen. but when I click on the "Show Desktop" button on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr4g0nM4st3r, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Show Desktop Button Being weird.

So I have this problem with windows at the moment. I originally have my windows apps on full screen. but when I click on the "Show Desktop" button on the bottom right and ALT + TAB back into the application, it goes to a small windowed mode. How can I fix it so that it could it would stay on full screen after showing desktop?Video of what I'm Explaining

:)

Dr4g0nM4st3r, Jun 23, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Show desktop button failing

If you rt click the tasbar, does clicking 'Show Desktop' work?

How about Win key + d?

Make sure this is on:

Show Desktop Button Being weird. [​IMG]

One source suggests this to reregister the dll
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Otherwise, as you say it's not working any more, do you have either
    - a system restore point
    - a disk image
    you created before this happened?

dalchina, Jun 23, 2022
  3. netrate Win User
    Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

Ok here is the MR steps to be sure I am completing this properly - same error thought.
    Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

step 5

Step 6 - Error

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT : I did what you said and tried without G (second time, didn't take screen shots), same error. I did notice that NTFS Primary 3 (NONE) doesn't have a drive letter associated with it?

netrate, Jun 23, 2022
  4. imanalien Win User

Show Desktop Button Being weird.

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Show Desktop Button Being weird.

1. Show Desktop Button Being weird. - Similar Threads - Show Desktop Button

2. Problem with desktop being weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with desktop being weird: When ism I'm desktop and i press for example a an app starting with a gets highlighted, same with the other keys, ho can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-desktop-being-weird/cdb6c185-3ff1-4a8c-bcaf-cbf9e434588a
  3. Problem with desktop being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with desktop being weird: When ism I'm desktop and i press for example a an app starting with a gets highlighted, same with the other keys, ho can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-desktop-being-weird/cdb6c185-3ff1-4a8c-bcaf-cbf9e434588a
  4. Problem with desktop being weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sign in button being weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in button being weird: I reset my pc and now I’m met with this. If I click it, just brings me back to the sign in button I’m bored and have nothing to do please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-button-being-weird/310a322d-1e91-4c01-b777-7c97ed014397
  6. Sign in button being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in button being weird: I reset my pc and now I’m met with this. If I click it, just brings me back to the sign in button I’m bored and have nothing to do please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-button-being-weird/310a322d-1e91-4c01-b777-7c97ed014397
  7. Show Desktop Button Being weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show Desktop Button Being weird.: So I have this problem with windows at the moment. I originally have my windows apps on full screen. but when I click on the "Show Desktop" button on the bottom right and ALT + TAB back into the application, it goes to a small windowed mode. How can I fix it so that it could...
  8. Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show Desktop button shows both my desktops: [ATTACH] So I have a dual monitor setup and when I click on button to show my desktop both my monitors start showing the desktop making it very awkward. I wanted to be able to see the desktop on just the monitor I clicked on the button and keep the other one open with the...
  9. "Show Desktop" button question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Show Desktop" button question: I just connected a second monitor and I often use the "show Desktop" button on my taskbar but now when I click it it shows the desktop on both monitros when I only want it to do that on my main screen. Can I change it somehow? submitted by /u/MaxiorTM [link] [comments]...
  10. Show desktop button failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Show desktop button failing: My show desktop taskbar button is not working anymore. I know I can create other from different ways, but I need to know if it is possible to repair the ORIGINAL one. Thanks so much. 138951