Windows 10: Show Desktop button in taskbar

Discus and support Show Desktop button in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PEDietz, Feb 10, 2020.

1. PEDietz Win User

Show Desktop button in taskbar

All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one there?

Many thanks for your help.

Peter E. Dietz

:)

PEDietz, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

cannot find option to pin a Show Desktop button to taskbar

Hi Sherry,

There is a button besides the notification are in the taskbar that when clicked, you are directed to the desktop. Also, there are other ways on how you can access the desktop. Here are some:

• Press Windows key + D on your keyboard.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Show the desktop.

You can also access all the files, shortcuts, programs that you have in the desktop from the Toolbars in the taskbar. Here's how you can enable the feature:

• Right-click on the taskbar and click Toolbars.
    • Click Desktop.
    • A Desktop label would show on the left side of the notification area and to see the desktop items, click the arrow.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Increase width of Show Desktop button in taskbar

For some reason the width of the "show desktop" button on the taskbar in win10 has been reduced to a stupid amount meaning it's very difficult to find and click it (I have 2 monitors so I can't just flick over to the bottom left corner).

How can I increase the width of the "show desktop" button the taskbar so a human can find it?

JoeFonbone, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Jia Chie Win User

Jump lists do not show for Taskbar buttons.

‘Jump List’ that debuted in Windows 7 was one of the mostly used feature in Windows 8 to me. When the ‘Jump List’ failed to show; I tried to create another account to see if that issue was due to corrupted user profile. While it seemed to work initially,
    ‘Jump List’ failed to show up again!

Then by accident, after right-click the icon on taskbar, I immediately click the start button, guess what? The ‘Jump List’ appeared. As I recalled, when start screen appeared on Windows 8, the taskbar did not show up because it was part of the desktop;
    as desktop was somehow designated as an ‘app’ on Windows 8. Obviously, it was wrong for technical reasons. It was no longer designated as so in Windows 10. However, in this case, a new complication arises; that is, taskbar always shows up even in Start Screen
    if it is not configured to be hidden. While ‘Jump List’ may or may not show up when I right-click on taskbar icon; it seems that when I go to ‘Start Screen’, ‘Jump List’ always shows up when I right-click on taskbar icon. It seems to be a bug; but this ‘workaround’
    should be fine to me for the time being until Microsoft fixes this issue.

Jia Chie, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Show Desktop button in taskbar - Similar Threads - Show Desktop button

2. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  3. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  4. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  6. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?: I've used the "show desktop" button for years now but suddenly it has started being wonky. When I press it now it completely hides the taskbar and it doesn't come back until I press the windows button on my keyboard. This is extremely irritating and fiddling with the taskbar...
  7. Pressing the "show desktop" button hides the taskbar?

8. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  9. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  10. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055