Windows 10: Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

Discus and support Show Desktop button shows both my desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I have a dual monitor setup and when I click on button to show my desktop both my monitors start showing the desktop making it very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snow_block041002, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

Show Desktop button shows both my desktops 8rYPDw9dXw6N33XOhvRfgkdUSUCUrpvIN6qQmQlzwAo.jpg

So I have a dual monitor setup and when I click on button to show my desktop both my monitors start showing the desktop making it very awkward. I wanted to be able to see the desktop on just the monitor I clicked on the button and keep the other one open with the program that was running instead of having to reopen said program. Any way I can do it?

The button in question

submitted by /u/snow_block041002
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snow_block041002, Nov 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Show desktop button failing

If you rt click the tasbar, does clicking 'Show Desktop' work?

How about Win key + d?

Make sure this is on:

Show Desktop button shows both my desktops [​IMG]

One source suggests this to reregister the dll
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Otherwise, as you say it's not working any more, do you have either
    - a system restore point
    - a disk image
    you created before this happened?

dalchina, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Show Desktop button in taskbar

Hello Peter,

The Show Desktop button is just to the right of the Action Center button. It's only a small amount of space to the right of the line.

If you like, you can create a Show Desktop shortcut that you can pin to the taskbar for easier use.

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

cannot find option to pin a Show Desktop button to taskbar

Hi Sherry,

There is a button besides the notification are in the taskbar that when clicked, you are directed to the desktop. Also, there are other ways on how you can access the desktop. Here are some:

• Press Windows key + D on your keyboard.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Show the desktop.

You can also access all the files, shortcuts, programs that you have in the desktop from the Toolbars in the taskbar. Here's how you can enable the feature:

• Right-click on the taskbar and click Toolbars.
    • Click Desktop.
    • A Desktop label would show on the left side of the notification area and to see the desktop items, click the arrow.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

1. Show Desktop button shows both my desktops - Similar Threads - Show Desktop button

2. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  3. 'Show Desktop' button is not working properly!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Show Desktop' button is not working properly!: I have waited a LONG time reporting this since the beginning of this Windows 10 era this button often does not react on the first few clicks. I have to really pound it several times for the desktop to show. This is very frustrating since I work fast and want to keep the...
  4. Show Desktop Button Being weird.

Show Desktop Button Being weird.: So I have this problem with windows at the moment. I originally have my windows apps on full screen. but when I click on the "Show Desktop" button on the bottom right and ALT + TAB back into the application, it goes to a small windowed mode. How can I fix it so that it could...
  5. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  6. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  7. "Show Desktop" button question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Show Desktop" button question: I just connected a second monitor and I often use the "show Desktop" button on my taskbar but now when I click it it shows the desktop on both monitros when I only want it to do that on my main screen. Can I change it somehow? submitted by /u/MaxiorTM [link] [comments]...
  8. Show Desktop button in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Desktop button in taskbar: All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one there? Many thanks for your help. Peter E. Dietz...
  9. Show desktop button failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Show desktop button failing: My show desktop taskbar button is not working anymore. I know I can create other from different ways, but I need to know if it is possible to repair the ORIGINAL one. Thanks so much. 138951
  10. Show Desktop button on Windows tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Desktop button on Windows tablet: I have an Hibrid pc. In tablet mode the "show desktop" button disappears and can't minimize apps except one by one. Is theres a solution? And taking a screenshot also in tablet mode? Thanks...