Windows 10: Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line

Discus and support Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ronald J W, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line

When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete.

Your advice on whats happing

Thanks

:)

Ronald J W, Apr 30, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Apr 30, 2019
  3. zanestein Win User
    Cursor no longer shows on login screen but appears after logging in

After a recent Windows update my cursor no longer shows when I turn on the computer and get to the login screen.
    I can still log in, though...I click the Ctrl button and I can then type into the password screen.

But until then I have no cursor. Most of the time this is ok. But I do like to respond when Microsoft puts a new picture on my screen and asks if I like it or not, but now without a cursor there I can't do that.

Short of rolling back the recent update, any suggestions on how to get the cursor to show?

I have run the sfc /scannow which didn't help. I checked for updated drivers for my touchpad. I changed the type of cursor displayed.

zanestein, Apr 30, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line

Windows 10 upgrade 'migrated' display drivers and now the laptop screen shows vertical lines when it launches after sleep

Hi,

One of the most common reasons why your screen may show vertical lines after an update may be due to an incompatible display driver. For us to provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions
    below:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked for any available updates for your display drivers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Performing a rollback on your driver may be one way to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on RollBack driver.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line

1. Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line - Similar Threads - Show desktop Cursor

2. After updating to window 11 the horizontal line showing on the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to window 11 the horizontal line showing on the top of the screen: After updating updates of window 11 my Asus vivobook 15 screen showing horizontal line on the top of the screen the line coming and going is also show in the bios settings and i also tried to de upgrade but the still line is showing...
  3. The display showing line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The display showing line: screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-display-showing-line/197d9350-9417-4ae8-8b73-2a6a1644380c
  4. The display showing line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The display showing line: screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-display-showing-line/197d9350-9417-4ae8-8b73-2a6a1644380c
  5. The display showing line

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Black screen with thin line of desktop on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with thin line of desktop on top: Have a black screen on top of desktop and can interact with the desktop and computer itself as well as the cursor but only in the thin area. The only way I know I’m interacting with it is because of color change and the cursor will appear in the clear area on top but has an...
  7. Black screen with thin line of desktop on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with thin line of desktop on top: Have a black screen on top of desktop and can interact with the desktop and computer itself as well as the cursor but only in the thin area. The only way I know I’m interacting with it is because of color change and the cursor will appear in the clear area on top but has an...
  8. A narrow red line appears at the top of the display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A narrow red line appears at the top of the display: Hi All, A week before, my dell LED monitor for desktop started to show a narrow red line at the top of the display with the screen flickering at times. Now the red line appears frequently and flickering has increased to a point where I can't work smoothly. Is the display...
  9. Green line at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green line at the top of my screen: Hello! So i have this green line at the top of my screen it just appeared while im doing sone word documents i need help because i dont know whats happening and im scared that my laptop screen wont work. Thanks!...
  10. Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...