Windows 10: 'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query

Discus and support 'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know that we can hide our desktop icons from the right-click view menu.My question is whether there is a keyboard shortcut, or a way to create one,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew_F_, May 4, 2021.

1. Andrew_F_ Win User

'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query

I know that we can hide our desktop icons from the right-click view menu.My question is whether there is a keyboard shortcut, or a way to create one, to do this?An internet search suggests it isn't possible unless you download third-party apps but I wanted to check on this forum.

:)

Andrew_F_, May 4, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 4, 2021
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 4, 2021
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. 'Show Desktop Icons' - keyboard shortcut query - Similar Threads - 'Show Desktop Icons'

2. Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop: I have a shortcut which in file explorer and properties it shows the icon, but on the desktop, it just shows a blank file icon. It used to work until I put it into a folder, after a while I took it out and it didn't work. I tried remaking the shortcut but the issue didn't...
  3. Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut icons show everywhere except for the desktop: I have a shortcut which in file explorer and properties it shows the icon, but on the desktop, it just shows a blank file icon. It used to work until I put it into a folder, after a while I took it out and it didn't work. I tried remaking the shortcut but the issue didn't...
  4. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Will it affect my games,...
  5. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Plz help! .........
  6. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: In Windows 10 My icons have disappeared.The names of the items are still there and I can click on them to access the programme.But the icon pictures are not showing.I have done personalislation/Themes/desktop items but with no success.I have even done System Restore but no...
  7. How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons: hi there, i want to Create Keyboard Shortcut to Quickly Hide or Show Desktop Icons, i have looked over the internet but didnt able to make it work on W10... there's was one app with many more features including this one but it was very costly... so, im looking for a free...
  8. Icons not properly showing and weird keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not properly showing and weird keyboard shortcut: Hey, So lately I've noticed that my settings icon and a few other icons when I search them up in the search bar is just a white page with a mountain on it. Also, for some reason, my alt key started opening the calculator when I hadn't even set a shortcut...
  9. Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icons showing up as blank document icons?: Hi! I just got a new laptop the other day, and for some reason all of my app shortcut icons have changed to a plain white document icon. See below: [img] Why did this happen and more importantly, how do I fix it? For convenience and aesthetic purposes. iTunes is the only...
  10. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...