Windows 10: Show Desktop on the Taskbar

Discus and support Show Desktop on the Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I hope this an easy one. This image is from my Windows 7 PC, but I want my Windows 10 to look the same. 120614 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Oct 28, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Show Desktop on the Taskbar

Show Desktop on the Taskbar [​IMG]

I hope this an easy one.
    This image is from my Windows 7 PC, but I want my Windows 10 to look the same.

:)

huffman, Oct 28, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

cannot find option to pin a Show Desktop button to taskbar

Hi Sherry,

There is a button besides the notification are in the taskbar that when clicked, you are directed to the desktop. Also, there are other ways on how you can access the desktop. Here are some:

• Press Windows key + D on your keyboard.
    • Right-click on the taskbar and click Show the desktop.

You can also access all the files, shortcuts, programs that you have in the desktop from the Toolbars in the taskbar. Here's how you can enable the feature:

• Right-click on the taskbar and click Toolbars.
    • Click Desktop.
    • A Desktop label would show on the left side of the notification area and to see the desktop items, click the arrow.

Let us know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Oct 28, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop icons moved to taskbar menu

Please try this:

• Right click an empty part of the Desktop and choose 'View' - Show Desktop Icons
    • Right click the Taskbar, select 'Toolbars' and uncheck Desktop

DaveM121, Oct 28, 2018
  4. CalmLight Win User

Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Please supply a workaround and/or a bug-acknowledgement for the following behaviour?

Setup - Windows 10. Taskbar "left" position. Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar.

Issue - When the "Desktop" toolbar-item on the Taskbar is selected, the Desktop list appears behind the Taskbar, such that it is partly masked. Menu is unusable. Then later e.g. when Windows Explorer has done something else, the issue has gone away; after
    a Restart the issue repeats.

Screen-clip attached. Screen-clip shows that the "double down arrow" of the taskbar's Desktop item has been selected. It also shows that the desktop listing is displayed behind the taskbar.

Thank you and regards.

Show Desktop on the Taskbar 1a7f1654-821b-49ae-8394-e0d43bb2cc7f.png

CalmLight, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Show Desktop on the Taskbar - Similar Threads - Show Desktop Taskbar

2. Taskbar and apps not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and apps not showing: so my mom's old laptop runs Windows 10 but after a year it shows basicly a black screen.No apps no taskbar no start meniu nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/taskbar-and-apps-not-showing/4639bd31-c3e2-489e-80d2-cb1780f399a2
  3. Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Natively hide "Show Desktop" button on taskbar: You know, this little bugger. Any way to natively hide it with a registry hack? I've used 7+ Taskbar Tweaker but I hate how it HAS to run in the background. Help is appreciated. Thanks! 81055
  4. Desktop Taskbar Refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Taskbar Refresh: Having just upgraded to Windows 10 from W 7. My problem is that the Desktop and the Task Bar frequently refreshes. This results in any work I am doing on the Desktop is cancelled. Can anybody please help. Thanks in anticipation 54757
  5. Desktop icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing: [img] As you can see from the above desktop icons are not showing. This happened after resizing desktop icons and then rebooting. I do not know what to do to solve problem. Please can anyone advise. Thank you. 30452
  6. Desktop not showing now??

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop not showing now??: Everytime I try to return to my desktop, it just shows my apps. It doesn't show my desktop at all, besides my desktop background, and I have no idea how to revert these changes, or how I even got it like this, but I can't view my desktop. *Sad They aren't my running apps...
  7. Desktop switch to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop switch to taskbar: I have the problem of applications or games switching off to taskbar suddenly. I am running the latest Windows 10 Creator update. Can this be a hardware fault? Any help highly appreciated. 97034
  8. Select Desktops to Show Open Windows on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Desktops to Show Open Windows on Taskbar in Windows 10: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 4751
  9. How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?: Hi there. I need 1 of the 2 things found if possible for Windows 10 only. Either to remove the show desktop button (which I have no use for at all) at boot up, NOT startup, or remove taskbar at boot up, but still have access to the Windows key for the start menu. I have...
  10. Remove The Grey Line That Separates Taskbar From Show Desktop Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove The Grey Line That Separates Taskbar From Show Desktop Button: The subject is pretty much straight forward. How can I remove that little grey line (or make it invisible) that separates the Taskbar from the Show Desktop button? I still want to use that button to show the Desktop, so I want to keep that button enabled. But I want to make...