Windows 10: Show files extension toogle in context menu

Discus and support Show files extension toogle in context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wish I've had the option for toggle hide/show files extension by simply push left SHIFT for extended menu anywhere on empty space in a folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Dec 19, 2018.

1. bl00keRs Win User

Show files extension toogle in context menu

I wish I've had the option for toggle hide/show files extension by simply push left SHIFT for extended menu anywhere on empty space in a folder or desktop, and choosing it from there, rather than doing it by folder options or the explorer drop down menu with all extra functions over there as it takes to much time everytime I just want to do a fast check of the file extension. I've a registry file found on internet but it doesn't work. Is there such a possibility? Can it be done by registry tweaks? Can anybody help me?

Below is the registry file found on internet.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Code: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFileSystemObjects\shell\Windows.HideSelected] "Description"="@shell32.dll,-37575" "ExplorerCommandHandler"="{0947c622-f98a-48a5-9df7-60e5fe202e07}" "Icon"="imageres.dll,-5314" "MUIVerb"="Show/hide files extension" "Extended"=""[/quote]

:)

bl00keRs, Dec 19, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Show files extension toogle in context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 19, 2018
  3. How to fix 'Open with' on file context menu.

Only if things are working correctly. Here's a few things I notice:

1. When I go into 'Default Programs' and change .txt files to use another program I do get a list of other programs that I can use to open the .txt file. This list is what should appear on the 'Open with' context menu in File Manager.

2. The extensions with the 'Open with' problem also don't have 'Open' on the context menu. It should be the first entry on the list. I can still click on the file and it will open with he default program.

Got to be something in the Registry. I thought I would find under .txt in the Registry an Openwith List with wordpad and notepad. But there isn't any even on my VM Windows where 'Open with' works fine.

streetwolf, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

CAB file - Add Install to Context Menu in Windows 10

Ah, ok. That was just an example.

Merging the .reg file in step 2 should have added "Install" to the context menu of .cab files for you.

As a test, you could just rename a new .txt file's extension to .cab to see if "Install" is added or not.

Brink, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Show files extension toogle in context menu - Similar Threads - Show files extension

2. How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added a feature on the File Explorer Options or Folder Options ribbon and mini window on Windows 10 which allows the user to either enable or disable the file extensions’ visibility in the File Explorer. However, some users [...] This post How...
  3. Context menu icon not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu icon not showing: I created this .reg file to show Locate32.exe icon on context menu, but it is not there: Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shell\locate\command] @="D:\\Programs\\Locate\\Locate32.exe /p \"%1\""...
  4. "Open" command in Context Menu on EXE files Showing Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open" command in Context Menu on EXE files Showing Wrong: Dear All, I made a mistake with registry editing because I thought that some files were not opening. Fortunately, it turned out okay, but this has left me with a strange problem. Whilst opening EXE files, the context menu displays the code "%1" %1, which I remember from the...
  5. I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot add .prt extension file type to context menu: I have a problem with.prt files because I cannot add RMB context menu for .prt file types. I see nothing when RMB on file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-add-prt-extension-file-type-to-context/b55e5602-4f2c-4026-95db-7b148d3a479c
  6. Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add .prt extension file type to New context menu: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan ***Modified Title From: Unable...
  7. Right Click context menu no show HD Video files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Click context menu no show HD Video files: I have many Video files on PC Some are large files (5gb) High Definition Movies Movies have been recorded from TV using topfield PVR Most are 1920 x 1080 resolution some have 2 channel audio some have 6 channel audio Also have some standard definition movies I have just got a...
  8. Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add File Name Extensions Context Menu in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides...
  9. Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shell Extension "RealTimes" Context Menu - Can't remove: The saga of restoring my Windows 10 machine back to its recent glory continues... As my machine is now getting its mojo back with the help of some folks from this forum (thanks guys!), there are still some stray ghosts roaming around it. For example, I continue to see...
  10. How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu: Hey there, is it safe to use this approach and resource files in Windows 10 Anniversary? Thanks, 61516