Windows 10: Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by ainsley, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ainsley Win User

Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

How to: Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

How to Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

File Explorer shows breadcrumbs in the address bar by default. Breadcrumbs display the hierarchy path of folders that were navigated to for the current folder location. Contextual navigation buttons are available for each of these that can be used to access all locations that are connected to them.

Sometimes, you may just want to see the full path of the current folder location in the address bar instead.

This tutorial will show you how to see the full path in the address bar of File Explorer on demand in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Breadcrumbs in address bar of File Explorer

Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. While in File Explorer (Win+E), perform one of the following actions:
    A) Press the Alt+D keys.

B) Press the Ctrl+L keys.

C) Click/tap on the icon in the address bar just to the left of the breadcrumbs. (see left/top screenshot below)

D) Click/tap on an empty area in the address bar to the right of the breadcrumbs. (see right/bottom screenshot below)

2. You will now see the full path of the current folder location. (see screenshot below)

*tip If you like, you can copy (Ctrl+C) the full path.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

ainsley, Jun 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Window 10 File Explorer address bar limitation

With Windows 8, file view in file explorer did not have limit on file path size and was be able to click on the address bar and copy the link

after one of the machine upgrade to windows 10 file explorer will display nothing or previous link when address bar was clicked

it seems it stops at 152 chars.

I have tried registry key longfilepath to 1 but still same issues.

any help will be gratefull

EXAMPLE

iF THIS WAS THE LOCATION

https://yyyyyyyyyy.sharepoint.com/s...1EIDSJADSFADFASDFDFADFADSFADEFEE/2018/ab-ekee sss sdff abcdefg/

IT ONLY SHOW WHEN CLICKED ON ADDRESS BAR IN FILE EXPLORER

https://yyyyyyyyyy.sharepoint.com/s...S-EFFE/1EIDSJADSFADFASDFDFADFADSFADEFEE/2018/

Tech Nerd 77, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

remove address bar file explorer

Hi all,

How do we remove the "Address bar" from "file explorer", while in "tablet mode"?

This is for Windows 10 - Enterprise

We tried the 2 steps below.

1- This will work for the FullPath, but not FullPathAddress

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState

FullPath and FullpathAddress

0 = display name

1 = display full path

2- no luck with this one too.

We tried the Offset trick 0018 from this article Explorer Menu Bar removal

mario

mario savard, Oct 27, 2019
  5. oily_17 Win User
    Add a path to $PATH?

To add ~/bin to $PATH try this -

EDIT: Source

oily_17, Oct 27, 2019
  6. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

1. Show Full Path in Address Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Show Full Path

2. How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?: As title, How I I get the Address bar in windows 11 file explorer to always show the full path? It used to always show, like C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common Now all I see is Steam > steam apps > commonHow do I get it Back to the full path? Again, this is for the...
  3. How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have full path always show in Address bar in file explorer?: As title, How I I get the Address bar in windows 11 file explorer to always show the full path? It used to always show, like C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common Now all I see is Steam > steam apps > commonHow do I get it Back to the full path? Again, this is for the...
  4. File explorer does not show full path in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer does not show full path in Windows 11.: File explorer does not show full path in Windows 11, I tried the options - View without luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-does-not-show-full-path-in-windows/09f70c91-ada6-4843-b017-3055a1d9ff19
  5. File explorer does not show full path in Windows 11.

File explorer does not show full path in Windows 11.: File explorer does not show full path in Windows 11, I tried the options - View without luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-does-not-show-full-path-in-windows/09f70c91-ada6-4843-b017-3055a1d9ff19
  6. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  7. File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths

File Explorer address bar dropdown only shows 2 paths: Hi,How is the number paths in File Explorer's address bar dropdown controlled? I have not been able to find any information on this. For me recently upgraded to Windows 11, I only see 2-3 paths which is nearly useless. I would like to set the number of recent paths that are...
  8. Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer will not display the full path in the title bar: In Windows Explorer, when I choose Downloads from the left column, I want this to appear in the title bar:C:\Users\MyUser\DownloadsWhat I currently see is either just the word Downloads or the phrase "My PC > Downloads"It does not work to check the box in View Options that...
  9. Make Windows 10 always display full path in File Explorer Address Bar

in Windows 10 News
    Make Windows 10 always display full path in File Explorer Address Bar: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]File Explorer is the default application to manage files on Windows 10. In the earlier version of Windows, the title bar of Explorer used to show the path of the file, i.e., Address or the Location of the file or folder. However, by [...] This post Make...
  10. Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to display either the name or full path of the current open folder in the title bar of File...