Windows 10: "Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off

Discus and support "Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; UPDATE: Fixed myself with a couple of registry editing. *Biggrin Hey, so I noticed recently I couldn't look at hidden files (and I could for a long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BrennanSB, Apr 15, 2016.

1. BrennanSB Win User

"Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off

UPDATE:
    Fixed myself with a couple of registry editing. *Biggrin

Hey, so I noticed recently I couldn't look at hidden files (and I could for a long time), so I checked the "Show Hidden Files" checkbox. It automatically turned off... Tried a reboot, no progress. I am an admin on my computer, so I can't think of why.

I have attached a video of this happening.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

BrennanSB, Apr 15, 2016
  2. Willie50 Win User

blackjack 2, no media player

I connected mine to the computer so I could explore the files a little bit easier. The "volatile" folder was a hidden file, so you may have to "show hidden files."

Willie50, Apr 15, 2016
  3. where are win 10 mail files stored on the hard drive in win 10 creators edition

Thanks for the reply,

I have already done this. It appears there is nothing to be done.

Thanks

GerryMosby, Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

"Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off

1. "Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off - Similar Threads - Show Hidden Files

2. Files getting Hidden automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files getting Hidden automatically: My laptop has been acting weird lately, I reset it a while ago and did some cloning of my startup to my SSD, and everything was working file. until I had a new drive named ESP which I don't have access to despite being the admin. Last night I noticed a lot of my files in...
  3. Files getting Hidden automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files getting Hidden automatically: My laptop has been acting weird lately, I reset it a while ago and did some cloning of my startup to my SSD, and everything was working file. until I had a new drive named ESP which I don't have access to despite being the admin. Last night I noticed a lot of my files in...
  4. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  5. Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden

Files Added to Hidden Folder Are Not Automatically Hidden: Hello,I have a situation where files that are newly added to a hidden folder which is temporarily unhidden so I can access it do not inherit the hidden property of the folder. In other words, the files are not automatically hidden. These files still show up in the Quick...
  6. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  7. drives hidden in file explorer

drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  8. Hidden File Explorer app

Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...
  9. File Attributes - Shows as Hidden in DOS, shows as System in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File Attributes - Shows as Hidden in DOS, shows as System in Explorer: I had a user complain he couldn't see (& delete) a lock file our program had created. I can find it in a command prompt, dir /ah (and NOT dir /as). In Explorer, Folder Options->View->Uncheck "Hide Protected operating System Files" which stops Explorer displaying files with...
  10. Explorer looses "show hidden files" setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer looses "show hidden files" setting: Hello It seems that each time I restart Windows it forgets that I have set the "Show hidden files" option in the explorer settings. Is this just a stupid bug that I have to live with (thanks, Microsoft) or is there a solution to it? Thanks! 51863