Windows 10: Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow

Discus and support Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Windows 10 pro Build 1809 updated - issue is with in the folder options for windows 10 - selecting Show hidden folders and files does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Feb 9, 2019.

1. encom45 Win User

Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow

Hi all, Windows 10 pro Build 1809 updated -

issue is with in the folder options for windows 10 - selecting Show hidden folders and files does not work. I did a reset folders and also restore default does not work. there is no bullet point in the selection (blackdot) indicating its selected i go to select it and hit apply nothing happens.

i have bitdefender free AV installed, i have USB external drives setup 3 of them and other ssd and m2 drives installed.

*Sad

:)

encom45, Feb 9, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Feb 9, 2019
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow :D

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 9, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Show hidden files button is not working on Windows 10.0.14393

Hello John,

Windows contains some system files and folders which are hidden by default. However, there are times when you may need to show these hidden files and folders. If the option is not available or not working as it's supposed to, we recommend that you follow these
    steps:

• Type File Explorer Options on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, check the Hidden files and folders option.
    • Try to toggle it then hit Apply.
    • If you need to also show the system protected hidden files and folders too, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files option.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow - Similar Threads - Show hidden folders

2. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  3. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  4. Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also: The folders in file explorer Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures are saved to my desktop in a folder called Shortcuts. The properties in the General tab of each folder have the "hidden" box unchecked however in the "View" tab when I enable the hidden box the same folders...
  5. Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate unhidden folders showing in hidden folders also: The folders in file explorer Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures are saved to my desktop in a folder called Shortcuts. The properties in the General tab of each folder have the "hidden" box unchecked however in the "View" tab when I enable the hidden box the same folders...
  6. Hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden folders: Here are two folder that you cannot view in File Explorer unless you know the path to them and even if you do, the folder name does not show: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations...
  7. Hidden folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders: I would appreciate assistance. I have shared privileges with my Manager. I have access to her Mailbox and have full permissions. I experience the following problem. Recently, when I create a New Folder in Manager's Inbox, the folder in question is not visible on my side....
  8. "sfcscannow" in command prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "sfcscannow" in command prompt: why am I getting a message that this command cannot be found within my command prompt window? Am I doing something incorrect? I am trying to see what the issue is with my camera not being found one time yes and other times no, when Windows Hello opens up....
  9. HIDDEN hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    HIDDEN hidden folders: I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc) I was using "everything" programs which lists files on all drives. I came across one reg disableanti.reg in a very odd place.I viewed the file in note pad and it said it...
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...