Windows 10: Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow

Discus and support Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Windows 10 pro Build 1809 updated - issue is with in the folder options for windows 10 - selecting Show hidden folders and files does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Feb 9, 2019.

1. encom45 Win User

Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow

Hi all, Windows 10 pro Build 1809 updated -

issue is with in the folder options for windows 10 - selecting Show hidden folders and files does not work. I did a reset folders and also restore default does not work. there is no bullet point in the selection (blackdot) indicating its selected i go to select it and hit apply nothing happens.

i have bitdefender free AV installed, i have USB external drives setup 3 of them and other ssd and m2 drives installed.

*Sad

:)

encom45, Feb 9, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Feb 9, 2019
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow :D

PVTCaboose1337, Feb 9, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Show hidden files button is not working on Windows 10.0.14393

Hello John,

Windows contains some system files and folders which are hidden by default. However, there are times when you may need to show these hidden files and folders. If the option is not available or not working as it's supposed to, we recommend that you follow these
    steps:

• Type File Explorer Options on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, check the Hidden files and folders option.
    • Try to toggle it then hit Apply.
    • If you need to also show the system protected hidden files and folders too, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files option.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Show hidden folders not working - already ran sfcscannow - Similar Threads - Show hidden folders

2. Hidden folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hidden folder: How can I access a file in a hidden folder on my Desktop WITHOUT unhiding the folder? Onlookers need not be aware of the folder's existence, let alone its location . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folder/3bf8a7d1-28c2-485a-9cb6-b802d05e429e"
  3. Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update: I have recently updated to win10 1803 and since then my This PC - Quick Access and Libraries folders icons are all greyed out and when I check properties they are showing as hidden. I have so many of them - do I have to change every folder individually? I also seem to have...
  4. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, already ran driver verifier (minidumps included)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, already ran driver verifier (minidumps included): I have been receiving BSOD lately with the following error: 072518-19687-01.dmp 7/25/2018 10:49:44 PM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000000`00000050 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff801`c7e17304 NETIO.SYS NETIO.SYS+17304 Network I/O Subsystem Microsoft®...
  5. Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana don't show hidden folder in "Start Menu App List": Hi, Why Cortana don't search hidden folder in Start Menu? I copied a folder that contains my portable apps shortcut, when I copy that folder to Start Menu folder [in ProgramData], Cortana lists that folder in Start Menu App List and Cortana search works but when I hide that...
  6. Modifying the hidden Recovery folder?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Modifying the hidden Recovery folder?: I work in IT for a higher learning institution. We deploy out about 210 laptops a year to students who lease the laptops and end up purchasing them after graduation. This creates some headaches.. To make a long story short, the laptops are basically the modified OEM image (I...
  7. Deleting a Hidden Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a Hidden Folder: I've just scanned an old hard drive using WinUtilities Undelete function and found a hidden folder as shown on the attached snip. I can't find any other way to access that folder and Winutilities Undelete only shows it and allows it to be copied. My question is how can I...
  8. Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives in Windows 10: My optical drive is working but only shows up in file explorer when there is a disk inserted. I have followed all instructions to show hidden files and folders and it still does not show up on any of my windows 10 pcs. Any other suggestions? 9168
  9. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...
  10. Show Hidden Files And Folders Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Hidden Files And Folders Error: Hi, I haven't updated anything today, but now when I go into Control Panel>Appearance And Personalisation>Show Hidden Files And Folders, I just get a beep and then get taken back to the desktop, with nothing happening. Other options in Control Panel seem to be fine. Has...