Windows 10: show history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications?

Discus and support show history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to show history files in Notepad and the various Microsoft Office applications? i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NadimHotmail, Sep 10, 2018.

1. show history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications?

How to show history files in Notepad and the various Microsoft Office applications? i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.

:)

NadimHotmail, Sep 10, 2018

2. Event 202 File History Core- Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\File History\Cofiguration\Config

Hello Ron,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Have you lost any files?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

I suggest you to copy the event log error and send us the information to help you better.

Steps:

1. In the Search bar type Event Viewer and press
    Enter.

2. In the right side pane you get Windows logs and in that select
    application.

3. Please click on the specific error and right click on it and then select copy as text.

4. Go to the notepad and paste it.

Meanwhile I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Reselect the Backup Disk under File History Control Panel:

1. Turn it off in the File History control panel

2. Close the control panel

3. Go to your File History directory C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory and set aside the Data and Configuration directories (Check the event for the exact directory location)

4. Open File History Control Panel.

5. Reselect the backup disk and apply/save the changes.

Hope the above information is helpful. Reply with the necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (Cshow history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications? :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Florrian Win User

show history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications?

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

show history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications?

1. show history files in Notepad and Microsoft Office applications? - Similar Threads - show history files

2. previous files not showing in notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    previous files not showing in notepad: i have used from this video i have used a file in notepad "REG DELETEHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe taskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exe...
  3. previous files not showing in notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    previous files not showing in notepad: i have used from this video i have used a file in notepad "REG DELETEHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe taskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exe...
  4. Notepad files not showing in file explorer

Notepad files not showing in file explorer: Hi,I went to look for a Notepad file in one of my folders one that I use regularly but couldn't see it. I had to search for it, and when I opened it and checked the path, it was exactly where I thought it was. I copied the address where I wanted to save it and tried Save As,...
  5. Notepad files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad files not showing in file explorer: Hi,I went to look for a Notepad file in one of my folders one that I use regularly but couldn't see it. I had to search for it, and when I opened it and checked the path, it was exactly where I thought it was. I copied the address where I wanted to save it and tried Save As,...
  6. Is activating microsoft office using notepad safe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is activating microsoft office using notepad safe: @Echo offtitle Activate Microsoft Office 2019 ALL versions for FREE!&cls&echo ============================================================================&echo #Project: Activating Microsoft software products for FREE without software&echo...
  7. Notepad edit history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad edit history: Hello all! Not sure if this is the right place to ask, please let me know where I should post it if it isn't. I've gotten into coding a lot recently and have been using notepad as my working program. Recently, I made a simple little program but accidentally edited something...
  8. File/application history

in Windows 10 Customization
    File/application history: Hi, is it possible to find what applications were used at a specific time on your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fileapplication-history/3a638afb-c1bc-4cdf-925c-9ccd4ee82185
  9. Windows notepad “find” history

Windows notepad “find” history: Hey guys cant get my hands on this but Im trying to find a way to clear the find history in notepad. it always shows the last word I searched for. Is their a way to do this? 163181
  10. Can't open Microsoft Office applications in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open Microsoft Office applications in File Explorer: Hi everyone, I've had a weird little issue pop up about 2 monthes ago. I can no longer open Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint files when I try to locate and open a file from those applications in the File Explorer. My screen will freeze and I will have to close my File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show history in notepad